Chapter 29: Married

A/N: Really want to get this story done so I can move on to the next one. So, here were. Depraved marriage between Hiccup and Valka.

(Hiccup's pov)

All my life, all I've ever known was pain and misery. Not once did I receive love, safety, and comfort from those who were supposed to be my people. But those people shunned me and made my life a living nightmare.

I've considered taking my own life numerous times, to be rid of the pain that Berk and its people had inflicted upon me for fifteen years of my existence. After all, my name means runt of the litter, and that's exactly what I was to the Hairy Hooligans. They underestimated me because I wasn't physically imposing, they never realized my intellect and my cunning. Maybe in another life, I might've had a place among them had they just given me the chance to prove myself in their eyes, but now I see that my suffering was all part of the goods design for my fate; to make my own choice whether to remain a slave to the people who looked down on me like a common thrall, or defy their barbaric way of life and choose a life that suits me.

The gods work in mysterious ways.

Who would've thought that "Hiccup the Useless" would both bond with and befriend the infamous Night Fury, but I couldn't have asked for a better friend in the form of Toothless. He came into my life when I wanted to end my life and be rid of the pain and suffering I had put up with. And despite shooting Toothless down and crippling him as a result, I was able to gain his trust and make amends for trying to kill him. As we grew closer, I came to realize that dragons are superior to men. All that man has done is try to destroy or enslave these amazing creatures, they were on Midgard long before man was even created, and I plan on making sure no man will try to enslave or wipe the dragons off the face of this world so long as I draw breath.

As will Valka, my mother, and now my impending wife.

Even now, standing before an altar at Caldera Cay, I await the imminent arrival of the woman who both birthed me and the woman I fell in love with.

Had anyone told me I would fall in love with my long-lost mother, I would've called them mad and laughed in utter disbelief. And yet, here I am, about to marry the woman who has been my closest friend, companion, and supporter. Valka is the missing piece of my soul, she completes me. We've fought, drank, eaten, bled, and shared intimacy together in ways no mother and son should ever indulge in, and yet here we are about to complete our relationship by entering a proper Viking marriage.

Not all of our dragon sympathizer allies were expecting me and Valka to have fallen in love, but none of them judged us either. They knew that by some strange twist of fate, that we were destined to be together.

"Are you nervous, Hiccup Haddock?"

Looking to Queen Mala, I could see a playful smirk across her face, causing me to roll my eyes and reply back. "Of course I am," rubbing the back of my head I then sigh out. "I don't want to look like a flabbergasted fool the moment I see her—"

"My dear Hiccup, fret not, I understand that it's been over a year since you and she were reunited and finished making sure whatever factions of Dragon Hunters and Trappers in Scandinavia are truly gone. But you needn't worry, this has been a long time coming for you and her," rising from her throne, Mala descended from the stairs and approached me with a warm smile, "so I suggest you calm yourself. Bask in what is about to come." Her smile widened when she gestured to the crowds of Defenders and Wingmaidens attending my wedding.

The air in my lungs all but vanished and my mouth was gaped open, like a fish that was taken out of the sea and was now desperate for breath. Valka approached wearing a dress that was white as snow, she wore a crown of sunflowers around her head, her hair was done in a waterfall braid style, and her beaming smile made me weak in the knees.

She was perfection in the flesh.

Once at the altar and standing before me, Valka took my hands and squeezed them gently, yet firmly. I looked into her gorgeous eyes and saw them overflowing with excitement, happiness, and love. Tears swelled in my eyes as I returned her radiant smile, I was ready to solidify our relationship and explore the world with her, our daughters, and the dragons.

"Friends, honored guests of Caldera Cay, welcome!" Mala boomed out. "Today, we are gathered to celebrate the union of Valka and Hiccup Haddock through marriage. Now, we are all well aware they share blood, but the gods work in mysterious ways, do they not? Despite what the rest of the world will think of them, we know that the gods have smiled upon Valka and Hiccup Haddock. They have already blessed them with two beautiful girls, and perhaps many more children in the years to come." The Defender's queen looked to me and winked as she then summoned forth the ring bearers, they then arrived and presented the golden wedding bands I forged personally. "The time has come to come together in union!"

Valka's astonished face at the wedding bands I forged was priceless, I knew she favored my intellect, my artistic creativity, and my craftsmanship in the forge. But the look on her face now would be locked away in my mind forever.

As we were handed our respective rings, Mala looked at me and smiled. "Hiccup Haddock III, do you swear by the gods that you will take Valka Haddock as your dearly beloved? To remain by her side no matter the circumstances and shower her with love, companionship, and respect?"

"I do," I said firmly. "I swear to the gods." Taking Valka's ring, I slid it onto her ring finger and beamed as it fit her perfectly.

Turning to Valka, Mala inquired the same thing. "Valka Haddock, do you swear by the goods that you will take Hiccup Haddock III as your dearly beloved? To remain by his side no matter the circumstances and shower him with love, companionship, and respect?"

"I do," her smile threatened to render me asunder, her raw love and devotion to me made tears stream down my eyes. "I swear to the gods." Like me, Valka took my ring and slid it on my ring finger before looking back at me with a grin, one I returned.

"With the gods as our witnesses, you are now husband and wife," turning to me, Mala smirked, "you may kiss your bride, Hiccup Haddock."

Before I could even react, Valka grabbed the front of my tunic and pulled me into a deep, passionate kiss. Her actions caused me to gasp in surprise at first, but I eagerly returned her kiss and held her close. The cheers of our allies and the roars of the dragons fell on deaf ears as Valka and I basked in our marital status and held each other close.

We were finally married.

And I thank the gods for this next chapter in my life. Because I know it's going to be one crazy adventure.

A/N: I know it's short, but now I'm moving on to the next and final chapter of this story.