Chapter 27: Reunion

A/N: Alright, here we are again! I do want to let you guys know that this story is almost over, and I honestly wasn't expecting that many views for this story. But now this story is nearly at 10k views which is crazy. Anyway, onwards to the next chapter!

(Normal pov)

As the armada or Hairy Hooligan warships finally arrived at the very door of Helheim's Gate, Hiccup could feel his nerves racing. Stoick and the fools who followed him were so eager to run headlong into their deaths rather than carefully plan an effective strategy, should they even make it through the thick fog they were now entering in.

"Prepare yourselves!" Stoick boomed out. "Whatever we face here today, we do it for the future of Berk and for the generations to come long after we're dust and bones. Steel your nerves and be ready to fight to the death."

Hiccup rolled his eyes at his father's words, he knew they would be facing an alpha size dragon, and the chances that everybody would walk away from this battle alive were slim, and the young dragon rider would ensure he would not die alongside these fools he once idolized and wished to be just like. The young dragon rider then turned to the Monstrous Nightmare and noticed the dragons began growling lowly and its pupils constantly changed from being round orbs to thin slits. Its head then raised and looked straight ahead and turned to the right, Hiccup noted how the ship turned right, he turned around and saw his father steering their ship as he watched the Nightmare lead the way for them. As the Hooligan armada pressed deeper and deeper into the bank of thick fog, Hiccup could hear hissing and chittering all around him, and it set his nerves on edge.

"Hard to port!"

As their ship took a hard left to avoid jagged rocks, Hiccup looked straight ahead and could see that the fog was starting to clear up, and the sight of a massive mountain came into view. The Nightmare then began jerking violently, causing the Vikings on board to raise their weapons and shields. The ship came to a halt as it touched down on the black sand, Hiccup turned to see Stoick push his way through many of the warriors on board as he laid eyes on the nest of Helheim's Gate, a malicious grin crept across his face. "We're here," he then leaped out of the ship and touched down on the sand, and all was silent. The air was filled with chittering and hissing, but it suddenly stopped as soon as more of the Hooligan warships touched down on the sand.

"At long last, we've finally found the lair of these devils," Spitelout said as he light smacked Stoick's shoulder. "We'll rip out the heart of this nest and see these vile beasts leave our lifetime."

"Aye," Stoick turned to his brother and gave him instructions. "Order our people to offload our war machines and have them take position along the sand, and ensure our army is armed and ready to fight."

Nodding at his brother's words, Spitelout passed the word on to the Hooligans disembarking from the ships. The chief of Berk then looked to the ship that held his son and knew that he wouldn't be going anywhere, his bodyguards and those his son's age would be keeping him in check to ensure he wouldn't escape while they would take the fight to the dragons. Looking back to the nest, Stoick still couldn't believe that he had finally found it, the place that harbored the devils that had caused them centuries of misery, hardship, and death was standing before him.

"Stoick, what's your plan? This will be unlike any fight we've participated in," Gobber said while looking up at the nest and then turning to his old friend and chief. "We can't afford a reckless strategy."

"I know," Stoick turned to the old blacksmith and gestured to their ships. "You focus on arming our army, I'll come up with a plan of attack." Gobber wanted to say more, but he kept his words to himself for the time being and nodded as he left Stoick alone for now.