Chapter 21: Wrath

A/N: A pretty fluffy chapter with the Haddock family having a picnic on Foreverwing Island.

(Normal pov)

If there was one thing Hiccup noticed about his baby sisters, it's that they loved being in the air. The young dragon rider had Kari in a sling tight enough to keep her secured against his chest, but not so tight to where she would be uncomfortable.

Kari was giggling uncontrollably as she waved her arms up and down furiously, the sight made Hiccup's heart swell with joy. Toothless even turned his head to take in the child's reaction, and it made the Night Fury let out a joyful roar as he continued flying at a speed that was appropriate for a baby to tolerate.

Valka and Cloudjumper emerged from the clouds below, and Hiccup beamed at the sight of Ingrid reaching for the clouds as she too was secured in a sling around Valka's armored torso.

The Haddock's were on their way to an island not far from the Dragon Sanctuary, which apparently was home to the fabled Foreverwing, according to Valka.

"So, have you ever actually seen the Foreverwing?"

Valka looked to her son and shook her head. "I have not, but I have heard plenty of stories and lore about it," with a sigh, she then looked out to the horizon and shook her head. "I can see it so clearly, you and me with our children and dragons out there exploring Midgard and all it has to offer." Looking back to Hiccup, the feral woman smiled warmly at the man she loved with all her heart. "Can you imagine it in your mind's eye?"

"I can," Hiccup answered firmly and with a grin on his face, "that dream will become reality soon enough, once we find out and stop whatever is causing the dragon raids throughout Scandinavia, we can explore the unknown as a family."

"I cannot wait."

As soon as Foreverwing Island came into view, the Haddock dragon riders steered their dragons to touch down on the beach, the lush forest ahead of them was just begging to be explored, and Hiccup couldn't wait to see what this place had to offer.

Sliding off of Toothless, Hiccup stretched his stiff limbs and placed a kiss on the back of Kari's head, causing the baby to gurgle happily and take in the new scenery. He then approached Valka who was sliding off of Cloudjumper, the Stormcutter had several baskets full of supplies and food to enjoy the day out of the Dragon Sanctuary. Valka took one basket in her hands, it held the utensils they'd need to eat properly, as well as a long fur blanket to sit or lay down on. Hiccup grabbed the basket that held their food while leaving the final two baskets of fish that Toothless and Cloudjumper favored on the Stormcutter's back.

The day was beautiful, it was cool and crisp, the sun providing the appropriate amount of heat to balance the cool temperature.

"Shall we?"

"Yes my dear, we shall."

As the two dragon riders and their dragons entered the forest, they were greeted with miles of large bushes, trees that seemed to reach to the heavens, streams that stretched as far as the eye could see, and the angelic songs of birds singing high up in the trees. Hiccup approached a bush that contained beautiful green flowers that shone like emeralds when the sunlight touched down on them. Valka then watched with curiosity as Hiccup began picking several of these flowers off the bush, looping them together to make a flower crown. He then turned to her and gave her a warm smile while approaching her with a look of love, Valka laughed beautifully when he placed the crown of flowers on her head, her eyes lit up with happiness.

"What's this for?"

"It's like you once told me, every nest has its queen."

"And that's me?"