Tenten x Neji: More sadness

Why did he have to die? Neji was all she had left after her parents and family had been killed, and of course he had to leave her too. The only thing that kept her going was the memory of the time they had spent together.

Life seemed to drag on, painfully slow, with every passing moment making her miss her man. She thought about him all the time, often spacing out.

Sakura snapped her fingers in front of Tenten's face.

"Snap out of it," she encouraged gently.

"Yeah sorry...."

The pink haired girl was beginning to become extremely concerned for the weapons master.

"Take the day off. I'm sure Tsunade won't mind. She knows what its like to lose someone very close to you."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it Tenny."

Tenten gave a weak smile, and decided to walk to the training ground where she used to spend hours training mercilessly with Neji. She smiled at the memory and walked around the field.

*Flashback*

"One more time Tenten, then we'll be done," Neji called out with shallow breaths. She panted heavily and nodded in agreement.

Soon afterwards, they finally finished the practice set. Tenten grabbed a towel to mop the sweat off of her own forehead, and looked over and saw Neji staring at her. She sighed and walked over, grabbing a new towel. She took off his headband, revealing the curse mark that had tortured him ever since he got it. Neji slightly flinched at her touch, but eventually relaxed as she combed his hair back and wiped that sweat off his head.

"You're such a baby Neji..." Tenten rolled her eyes at how soft Neji had gotten after they started dating.

"Yeah, but I'm your baby," he replied with a smirk. She whacked him on the side of the head with a light blush. Neji leaned back and gave her a small kiss on the lips. She blushed again and flicked him on the forehead.

"What was that for???," he pouted.

"No reason."

Neji rolled his eyes and picked her up.

"EW, PUT ME DOWN NEJI! YOU'RE STINKY AS FUCK!," Tenten screached, hitting his arms in an attempt to loosen his iron grip.

"Sorry Tenny, no can do," he was smirking and Tenten finally decided to pull out the trump card. She started tickling him, and Neji dropped her immediately.

"Ow... That hurt you idiot!"

"Serves you right."

The rest of the day they chased each other around, trying to land a hit until they tumbled on top of each other in a pile. Neji landed on top, pinning Tenten to the ground. His face was super close to hers, and he leaned down and captured her in a passionate kiss. She leaned into it and Neji immediately dominated her mouth. When they finally broke away, they were panting extremely hard and Neji smirked.

"I guess I won this time."

She just smiled.

*End of flashback*

Tenten had fallen asleep against a tree, smiling at the memory. At least she still had the memories of him. A warm presence slowly enveloped the air around her, and seemingly cuddled into her side. Neji smiled at his girlfriend. He had decided to visit her, and it was a wise decision, as it finally set her soul at peace. In a weird sort of way, she knew he was there. That was when Neji decided to always stay at her side and never leave it till the day she died. Then they would be reunited.

"You have a long life ahead of you. Please try to enjoy it to the fullest. You made mine better, now don't ruin your own. I love you," he whispered in her ear.

"I love you too," she mumbled in her sleep.

Neji smiled and stayed there, till she finally awoke.

"Thank you Neji."

~The End~

A/N: 😭TENTEN DIDN'T DESERVE THIS. SERIOUSLY OUT OF ALL THE CHARACTERS THAT COULD'VE DIED, WHY NEJI???????