without my silver tongue, without all my lies

If the Avengers were still having a problem, namely; the Other Loki remained at large, they were suddenly bombarded with yet another problem.

Or, Amora invaded Earth. The team was called in to control the situation. Loki thought he could take her on his own. If only things were that simple.

///

The team knew it was a bad idea to let Loki fight her alone, knew from the beginning. Loki was a trained mage, sure, he wielded strong seidr, just like her. Which should stand to reason he was the right person who could take her down. But Amora was also a powerful enchantress, Thor knew better than to underestimate her.

And, looking at the sea of green smoke and flashing light on the sky where the battle was taking place, the team could tell it was a... chaotic fight; messy and dangerous. Even though Loki did hurt the witch pretty badly, she had also done a number on him. Thus at this point they were both injured and clearly exhausted, thus it was hard to say who would end up with a victory on their side.

Loki threw a dagger at her, it pierced through her chest armor, it embedded there, which should be enough to render her submissive. Though, at the same time, Amora shot him a wave of green magic, it engulfed his body and it forced a scream out his throat. In the heat of the moment when they both were down, Amora disappeared into thin air while Loki fell to the ground below.

Before consciousness slipped away he thought he heard his name being called, saw his friends rushing toward where he laid on the concrete. When darkness crept in he didn't fight it.

~~~

"Will he be okay?" The noises echoed in Loki's head.

"When will he wake?" Said another voice, it sounded like Peter.

"So what's wrong with him?" They all sounded far away, like he was submerged underwater and couldn't quite break the surface. His eyelids felt heavy, though his body in general felt light, like he weighed a feather. His head, on the other hand, was killing him, like he was undergoing the worst hangover.

Loki moaned and groaned. He felt vulnerable, and he hated feeling vulnerable, because nothing good came out of his being vulnerable; Thanos twisting his belief, making him doubt everything he thought was his life, and Quentin when Loki first ran away...

A hand resting on his shoulder and he flinched. "Loki," the voice said, the tone deep and hoarse. "Loki, it's just us. You're safe,"

Loki carefully opened his eyes. His vision was blurry at first, but after a short while he slowly gained back his focus; Thor was looking down at him, his hand still on Loki's shoulder. The others were here, too — Peter, Tony, Stephen, May, Steve and Bucky.
(And if Loki felt vulnerable before, he felt somehow more vulnerable and exposed with everyone surrounding his bed — apparently, he was lying on a bed — but they were friends. They were his friends so they wouldn't hurt him. That, at least, was a relief)

"Hi," Thor went on. He smiled, seemingly less worried with Loki now being awake.

"What... happened?" Loki asked, he tried to remember something, his head hurt every time he thought about anything.

"You were in a fight with Amora," Steve said. "You beat her up pretty good."

Amora, Loki thought. Right, he began to recall bits and pieces. The Enchantress had invaded Earth, and he was there trying to stop her. He remembered throwing a dagger her way, then something hit him and he was falling. Then it all went black.

"You scared me," Peter added. "Like you wouldn't wake up so we all had to carry you back here, and Doctor Strange said you'd be fine, but you were just out cold and I started panicking because what if you died? You've died like three times before so what if you died again, I mean there's still so much we haven't —"