luckless

After what happened, Loki was doing his absolute best to avoid Thor. He could do that without too much of a struggle by gluing himself as close to Peter as possible. This way, he could use that as an excuse that he wasn't really avoiding his brother but simply offering the Spider-Child his company.

It wasn't a problem, until it became a problem.

Or, Peter had to go to school which left Loki alone. Loki and 'being-alone-with-his-thoughts' was a dangerous combination, especially with his current state of mind. (And no, he wasn't going to Thor. Not now. Probably not ever. There was too great amount of a shame, and Thor was probably disgusted by him now.)

So Loki did what Loki had to do.

///

A quick author's note; I've had this idea sitting in my head for a long time and I was looking for the opportunity (an excuse) to actually put it in this book. And now that I'm actually writing it, all I'm thinking is 'wow, are you really doing this?' But here we are! Anyway, I write some parts of these at three in the morning when I'm half asleep so my apologies in advance if it sounds a little off (hopefully not too off)
Enjoy!

///

Peter said he would be back, as always. They had been through this before, when they were still living in May's apartment and Pete had to leave for school. It wasn't a big deal back then. Loki, enjoying his alone time even, did just fine locking in Peter's room as though it were his own. Okay, there was a time when the boredom got the best of him and he secretly stuffed himself in Peter's backpack, as a snake, and followed Peter to his school and basically spent the day there. But he could be alone for a whole day with no problem.

It seemed things had changed because right now, Loki was terrified of being alone. As much as he was scared to admit, he was broken and he knew it. What Quentin did left too deep a scar in his chest and Loki doubted it'd ever heal. Right now, him being alone meant he was getting assaulted by the never ending voices, it screamed at him, reminded him of how worthless he was. It brought back memories, everything that'd been done to him and he let it all happen. He was losing whatever piece of sanity he had left being on his own.

Being with Peter at least kept the treacherous mind distracted and the vicious voices at bay. Loki wouldn't admit, but he was slowly growing dependent on Peter and that, too, terrified him.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?"

"Yes. Yes, I'm sure," Loki lied. He even pretended to be annoyed by Peter asking him the same question for the third time.

"Because you know you can't turn into a snake, hide in my backpack and follow me to school again. It's not like I don't want you around," Peter quickly added, "but it's too risking. Anyone could see you and they'd call the animal control on you."

Loki huffed. "I wasn't exactly enjoying living in that backpack and being shoved into your locker anyway. Seriously, it smelt worse than Thor," he halted himself at the mention of his brother, like the word tasted bitter on his tongue and he wished he could take it back. Something twisted in his eyes, just a mere second, Peter caught it nonetheless but decided against making any comment about it.

(Peter at least suspected there was something going on between Loki and Thor. He thought he might even have a clue what it was about; that night, Loki's nightmare which led to the Quentin Problem being revealed.)

"Anyway," Loki quickly recovered himself with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Have fun at school,"

There was a moment, a long awkward moment, where Peter just looked at Loki as though he was trying to detect any little thing that might scream off. If Loki was really okay being on his own for five or six hours. But then he sighed, "promise you'll call if you need anything," and Peter meant it. He wouldn't care if his phone ringing in the middle of the class would get him in trouble. He would care a lot if he came back here to his friend having a mental breakdown. "Just call,"