reindeer games

"Hello Stark," Loki smirked, leaning casually against the doorway.

And Peter knew it, he knew that look in Mister Stark's eyes; Mister Stark was entering what Pete liked to call 'Instant Kill Mode'
(Usually it was when Peter did something he wasn't supposed to do, such as going on a mission without Mister Stark's authority, almost got himself killed and Mister Stark had to come for his rescue - because May would kill him if anything happened to Peter)

Though it wasn't just a normal 'Instant Kill Mode' since Pete had never seen someone looked so mad. The kid knew two things from this very moment, first; either Mister Stark or Mister Loki was going to die today. Second; Spider-Man was no more since Peter was already dead.

When Iron Man clenched his hand into a fist, red armor automatically covered his wrist. The next second his Iron Suit came on display, swallowing the billionaire's skin, his face now hidden behind the Iron Mask, and Uh oh,

"Mister Stark, no -"

Tony didn't give Peter a chance to speak. In a flash, the extremely-pissed-off-father-figure shoved his kid out of the way as he shot his Repulsors directly at the alien with the weapon integrated within his palm. It was probably Loki's fault for Loki didn't prepare himself for a sudden attack; shouldn't have underestimated his opponent. The impact sent the God of Mischief flying backward, like a rag doll, and down the stairs with many loud thuds.

"Mister Loki!" Peter cried out. Oh no no no no, honest to God (no pun intended), if that was Loki's neck Peter was going to lose it; the kid didn't spend so many sleepless night fixing a broken neck just so Tony could break it in the blink of an eye.

He tried to run forward to see the damage, but was stopped by Tony. And before Pete could lose himself and yell 'what the frick have you just done' (Peter couldn't outright swear, especially not at Tony, but he was pissed. Everybody was super pissed here) there was a glowing green coming from downstairs; Loki's magic.

The God lifted himself off the hole on the floor, where his body apparently printed into, and, with a lot of struggle, he was standing on his feet again. Loki's gritted his teeth, hands clenched into tight fists where emerald glowing magic could be seen slipping through his finger.

Before Peter could say a word Loki jumped up and, holy shit that was impressive, Pete thought because his alien houseguest just made one hell of a show where he made high-enough-jump that it reached the second story, where Tony stood, in the first try.

But then Pete reminded himself now probably wasn't the best time to fanboy because Mister Stark was on the floor, a few inches away from Pete, with Mister Loki on top of him, and they were fighting. Loki making an animalistic groan while Tony moaned.

(They were definitely fighting, enough with the dirty mind)

Tony pushed Loki off of him and straddled Loki. Peter shouted, "careful with his neck!" When he noticed his mentor tried to choke the Trickster, but then Loki managed to switch them back. So he was now on top of Tony again. And Peter shouted, "not in the eye!" When he saw Loki tried to pluck Tony's eye out.

Then the two of them just took turn switching places (Peter was sure at this point his existence was all but forgotten) It was a real disaster; Pete kept calling both Loki's and Tony's names but no one seemed to ever notice him, too busy fighting on the floor and, well, basically destroying the kid's room (May wasn't going to like this)

But eventually it ended in Loki being pinned down on the floor, Tony straddling him while his other hand (the one with Repulsor beams) holding just above Loki's face. What horrified Peter most was the whirring sound of electricity coming out of Tony's Repulsor, ready to burn hole through Loki's skull as Loki snarled up at him like a cornered animal.

And -

"Mister Stark, NO!!"

Tony quickly shifted his hand to the left when Peter's face unexpectedly came between Loki and the Repulsors the second Tony shot the thing. With Tony moving his hand away it resulted in the shift of the aim, therefore the Repulsors ended up destroying half of Peter's room. That - that was the last thing Tony was worried about. What almost scared the old man to dead was if he hurt the kid. For a terrifyingly moment Tony was sure he was going to have a heart attack, but when he gained enough courage and looked, with face paler than ever, and he never felt more relieved to see the kid was unharmed. Scared but unharmed (weren't they all scared?)

After relief it was anger, "Peter, what the hell?!" Tony hissed, "I could've killed you!"

"But you were killing Mister Loki!" Peter said, voice cracked and eyes getting teary.

Loki. Loki still couldn't get his breathing back under control; panting too hard and looking at Peter like he couldn't believe what just happened. Pete almost died for you, that's what happened, said the voices in Loki's head. Seconds earlier, as he looked up at Stark's Repulsors, he was ready for his moment. But then it never came. Then he learned this mortal (who might be one of the very few friends he had) almost died for him.

Tony blinked away his tears, still trapped Loki on the ground, then he bit the inside of his cheek. Only when he trusted his voice did he say in a firm voice, "move."

"No sir," Peter shook his head, eyes bloodshot.

(It was the first time Pete outright said no to Tony, and if that caught Tony off guard, the Man of Iron didn't let it show on his face.)

"I said move!"

"No!" Peter shouted, a tear now rolling down his puffy eyes. "No, I won't let you hurt Mister Loki. He's my friend!"

For a moment Tony was shocked (this time he failed to hide the pain in his eyes) then Tony whispered so quiet it was almost as if he didn't want anyone to hear, "so was I."

Pete shook his head. He was hurt that he hurt Mister Stark's feeling. (Now the kid was crying, they all stayed in the exact same positions; Loki on the ground, Tony straddling him and Peter's head was between the two of them)

"You - you're my friend, but he's my friend, too. And I can't let you hurt him. That's what friends do; we protect each other!" Said Peter

"He's not your friend. He manipulated you!"

"No, he's not!"

"He'll stab you. Right in the back. Because that's what monsters like him do,"

"No, you're wrong!" Pete cried

"You're too naive!"

"You don't know him. You don't know him like I do. Mister Loki is my friend!"

"He's not! He's using you!!"

"What the fuck is going on?!"

They both shut up when a familiar female voice froze every atom in their bodies. May was standing at the doorway looking at the room that looked like it'd been destroyed by a hurricane, then she looked at Peter and Loki and Tony on the floor, and Pete could've sworn he never saw someone looked so homicidal.

When no one said anything May yelled again, "what the fuck is this shit?!!"