point of no return and now it's just too late to turn around

Quick author's note; this was the first chapter I wrote AFTER Endgame. However, I will mostly continue to stick the rest of this fanfic to just "post-Infinity War" meaning *cough spoilers cough* the Avengers who died in Endgame are alive and well in this fic and Endgame don't exist xx

Enjoy!

///

"I will not ask you again. Where am I. What.... have you done to me?" Loki looked at him so intensely. Eyes filled with anger, confusion and a hint of fear he tried to hide.

Seconds later something twisted in Loki's eyes, like he had just remembered his magic. With a flash of green shimmer a dagger appeared within his hold. It happened in a heartbeat, but with Peter's spider sense the child was faster. Before Loki could attack something fast shooting out of Peter's hand and before Loki knew it his weaponed hand was glued to the nearest wall.

And there was this look of panic in the God's eyes. It was the first; usually there was no one faster than him (or perhaps Loki was too used to stabbing it on Thor. The oaf was kind of slow) but here he found himself in a strange place with a stranger who, not only managed to block his knife, but also able to trap him. He tried to free himself, but the thing was so sticky that his attempt became useless.

What if he was one of Thanos' minions? What if the Titan sent this... this stranger to finish the job, to kill Loki? Loki was defenseless. His breathing, hurt - it hurt still with every breath he took, but Loki had way more important thing to worry about than to care about his neck, came out faster and faster. He was hyperventilating. Eyes widened. Petrified.

Peter knew what a panic attack looked like when he saw it (he, himself, had it once when he was seven. He was about to go on stage for a school's annual performance where he played a tree. He was so anxious he peed his pants) and mister Loki was having a panic attack!

"Mister Loki, sir, please calm down!" Peter said, holding both hands out to show he meant no harm.

"Who are you?!" Loki snarled, still trying to free himself from the spider web.

"I'm Peter. Peter Parker."

"Did he send you?!"

"Who?"

"The Titan!" Loki's voice sharp. That, however, made the pain in his throat more present.

"Ummm.... what Titan?"

To that Loki went silent for a moment. He didn't realize he didn't want to say the name until he had to say it; he realized just by thinking about saying it made him shudder. "Thanos," he said in a voice he hoped wasn't shaking.

"Oh, w-what? Him?" Loki noticed something changed in the stranger's eyes, Peter. Peter Parker, as though he was offended. Then he said, "Sir, I'm not working for Thanos. I'm an Avenger!"

"A what?" The Trickster narrowed his eyes. And Peter was trying to decide if Loki preferred him as an Avenger or Thanos' minion.

"I'm an Avenger." Peter said again, with more confidence this time. "I'm Spider-Man, sir. I help Mister Stark defeat Thanos. Oh and I steal Captain America's shield, too."

Loki looked like he was examining Peter, in which he was, then he said, "You're a child," And what worse that an insult was that it wasn't even an insult; Loki seemed to be.... speaking the obvious. Just stating the fact, and that, offended Peter greatly.

"I'm not a child," he argued, "a child wouldn't be able to trap you," Peter pointed towards Loki's wrist, which apparently still glued tightly to the wall. Loki was struggling to free his limb, at the same time he was trying his best not to make it visible he was struggling. "Or are you willing to accept you lost to a child." Peter mumbled the sentence, Loki heard it anyway.

"What?"

"Nothing, sir."

Loki's eyes narrowed further, there was a short moment of silence, before he said, "Alright Spider-Boy-"

"Spider-Man, sir," Pete corrected.

"Alright, Spider-Man. Get me out of this thing."

~~~

"You told me Thanos was defeated." Loki said once Peter freed him from the web. He sat there, legs crossed, on Peter's bed. Layers of pink's blankets on his lap; Peter thought it was kind of cute, but of course he didn't comment anything about it. The kid knew how comforting those blankets were.

"He was," Peter replied, handing a cup of hot cocoa to Loki. He unconsciously took a mental note that mister Loki never had hot cocoa before; judging from how he carefully sniffed at it as though he was trying to decide whether or not it was poison. Then he thought there wasn't hot cocoa on Asgard. That's sad. The kid suddenly felt a great deal sorry for him. When Loki took a sip he winced, but tried not to show it, it was obvious swallowing hurt with his throat... like that.

"How?" Loki asked again after a couple sips of the drink, his voice still hoarse but Pete liked to think it got at least a little bit better.

"The Avengers took the Stones and basically we brought back everyone. Oh and I help them, too. I'm an Avenger."

"You already said that." Loki said. He sounded... dead inside. Then he said, "If you're an Avenger then why don't you turn me in? If I take it correctly this is your personal residence and you're rendering me a shelter. I would assume the Avengers would want me captured, locked away. Why are you helping me, Peter Parker?"

He sounded so sad. Peter could hear the sadness in his voice. Mister Loki thought of himself as someone who deserved to be locked behind bars. It wasn't good. "Because.... because I don't want them to lock you up, sir."

Loki raised his brows, saying, "Aren't you afraid of me?"

Not anymore since you're injured and wasn't even able to free yourself from my spider web and is basically cocooned in layers of blankets on my bed, Peter answered in his head. Of course he didn't say any of those aloud. Instead he said, "Mister Thor said you weren't so bad after all."

Peter saw something changed in Loki's eyes, he winced, almost knocked the cup of cocoa out of his own hand. Maybe this wasn't the right time to mention Thor's name. "Thor," Loki's eyes wasn't on Peter, he made a face that made it seem as though the word - the name - was forbidden. "Thor is.... alive?"

Peter didn't think the question was directly aimed at him. It looked like mister Loki was talking to himself, like he had just heard the most absurd thing coming through his lips. The kid answered anyway, "He's alive and he's.... not at his best without you."

"I need to see him." Loki's eyes darted towards Peter. He looked desperate Peter could almost heard the please in his voice.

"He's not on Earth-"

"What?"

"I mean he'll come back but I don't know when. But he'll come back. And when he comes back you will definitely see him. Until then...." Until then you're stuck here with me.

Loki's shoulders slumped. He reminded Peter of a kid who thought he was going to get his candy until his mom said no.

"Sir, I'll make sure you and mister Thor reunite." Peter spoke carefully.

"How kind of you." Loki laughed wryly. He leaned his head back against the headboard and closed his eyes. And....

Is he asleep?! Peter thought after five minutes passed and there's been no movement nor voice coming from the God. Only his chest raised and fell in slow rhythm.

Peter took out his phone and texted Ned, he's awake. Then he sent another text; a correction, No. He was awake but now he's asleep again. He freaked out but I got everything under control. I'm so good at this.

After placing his phone back down on the bedside table he, being extremely careful, grabbed Loki's shoulders and guided him down to the mattress, making sure his head rested in a comfortable ankle on a pillow, and he tugged him in.

Shit I guess I'm really doing this, Peter thought, looking down at the sleeping Loki on his bed, how hard could it be taking care of a God? I got this. Or else he had to.

It was too late to turn back now.