Mr. Sandman

Peter couldn't be certain whether or not this was a good idea. Mister Thor deliberately meant to drug Mister Loki. But it was... necessary? Considering how much his body needed sleep. Peter couldn't be certain either if this wasn't a suicide mission Thor had just assigned him to - what if Mister Loki could tell something was off with the water.

Okay, maybe Loki wouldn't literally kill Peter for that, but Peter knew, if Loki knew Peter tried to drug him, things wouldn't turn out pretty. Far from it.

But here Peter was; entering Loki's room with a glass of water he promised - drugged. Peter hoped it didn't show on his face, how nervous he was, and he wished his own hands weren't shaking. At the very least he hoped Mister Loki wouldn't be functional enough to notice.

All that worries suddenly gone when Peter's eyes landed on the bed; Mister Loki wasn't sitting up like he had been when Peter left but lying on his side with his head on the pillow, seemingly asleep.

"Oh," Peter mumbled to himself. Oh,

He stood there, for a few seconds, not really knowing what to do. Perhaps he wasn't supposed to wake Mister Loki up for him to drink his drugged water? Peter thought that one through, and decided it probably wasn't the best idea to wake Mister Loki up just for him to take the sleeping pills so he could sleep. That wouldn't make sense, would it?

Peter placed the glass quietly down on the nightstand table. He hovered over the bed; in his sleep, Loki's eyebrows knitted together, his body jerked a little as though he was having a bad bream as his lips slightly moved, murmuring some incoherent words quietly.

Peter sighed. He wished he knew what to do; part of him did want to wake Mister Loki up from the nightmare, other part knew how much Mister Loki needed the sleep. He ended up pulling the blanket up and over Loki's chest, tugging him in.

"Don't," said Loki's voice, just barely above a whisper, and Peter's motion came to an abrupt halt. For a moment he thought Loki was talking to him, but when he looked at his face it appeared Loki was still trapped in his dream, talking to whoever it was featuring the ill dream (for some reason Peter knew just who it was)

"Shhh," Peter shushed. He wasn't good at this and he clearly lacked experiences in... how to deal with a traumatized God. But he guessed he wasn't entirely clueless (he hoped he wasn't entirely clueless) Peter awkwardly ran a hand through Loki's hair, pushing a strand of it behind his ear. "It's okay, Mister Loki," he said, his voice soft and soothing, "you're not there anymore. He can't hurt you anymore." At first Peter had been unsure if he was helping at all, he felt warm breeze of relief wash over him when he saw Loki's expression smooth out; he wasn't frowning anymore and he actually seemed to relax as Peter's hand still stroked his head gently. His face nuzzled against the pillow and when he was at ease he kind of looked adorable. Peter smiled. He grabbed the blanket and continued moving it up till it reached Loki's shoulder.

At least Loki was sleeping at last.

"Are you going to tell me who he is?" Peter almost jumped, well he did jump, at the sound of Thor coming from behind.

He spun around and there Mister Thor was; leaning his weight against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his muscular chest and, how long has he been here, how much has he heard?

"You told me Loki didn't tell you what's been troubling him,"

"He didn't -"

"But you seem to know exactly who's been haunting his nightmares and therefore, the reason he stopped sleeping and had himself looking like a corpse,"

Oh shit.

"So you know. I don't care if he told you, but you know."

"Sir, I -"