burnt down icicle

It was the heat. The heat turned Loki's life into a living hell. Or in other words; a Frost Giant thrown into the burning flames could only result in one thing: a disaster.

Okay, apologise in advance for actively putting Loki through hell in most of my chapters! Shoot, my brain has been a bitch lately and I lack of idea right now. So if you have any suggestion, feel free to drop them in the comments section. I can't promise anything but I'll try my best, if I feel like I can pull it off.

///

It was never this hot  - never this bad, that everyone had to admit. Sixteen years of his existence on Earth and Peter never remembered summer that could burn. Literally burn.

(That at least excused Loki's unending whine; the God of Mischief had it worse than anybody else - which explained his grumpiness, sulking all day. Though Peter didn't quite understand precisely why, he at least figured it must have something to do with Loki being a, quote Thor's words, blue baby icicle. Whatever that meant. And that Mister Loki was adopted)

~~~

"Has anyone seen Mister Loki?" Peter entered the lounge where the folks sat mostly six feet apart as though they didn't want the heat the other might radiate to get to them. In Peter's hand a bucket full of iced water, Loki needed that. (Peter pretended he didn't notice the way all eyes suddenly landed on his bucket like vultures eyeing its next meal, if they weren't the Avengers, they might as well snatch the thing from his hand like snatching candy from a little kid)

"Don't know where Greasy is," said Clint. "But since he's not here, those ice will sure go to waste. I could make use of that,"

"He's right," Natasha added, winking.

Shoot, even iced water suddenly turned into a very limited resource. The air conditioner broke down and so were most of the refrigerators. As a matter of fact, there was only one in the compound that was still working... That when it hit. "Actually," Peter trailed off, "I think I'd have to excuse myself,"

He left the room, probably too quickly to be considered normal but Peter didn't wish to risk spending another more minute here and having the bucket stolen by these... sneaky heroes. He thought he had an idea where Mister Loki might be.

The freezer in the kitchen in the west-wing, the only one that was still fighting and surviving the heat. Peter went there. He wasn't really surprised when he saw the door was left open ajar, allowing the glowing blue light to shine onto the tile floor. He walked over there and yanked it open the rest of the way. He didn't flinch either when the thing inside hissed at him like some demonic entity.

"Hi there, Mister Loki, how are we feeling in there?"

Loki continued hissing. He apparently stuffed himself in the box with a pack of ice cradled against his chest as though his life depended on it. Obviously, he had it worse than the rest. Peter wished there was more he could do, more he could help, but unless he could control weather. He sighed and handed Loki the bucket, or was about to hand the item to him before Loki snatched it from his hand and thoroughly dropped his head into the cold water.

Well, it could be worse.

~~~

"I'm worried about Mister Loki,"

"I know," Thor said, "me too,"

The fact they were so close yet Loki failed to hear, or overhear, they were talking about him was also concerning. Thor and Peter were both openly looking at him now - Loki lied there, flat on his back, his mouth opened and closed like he was gasping for air, his skin way too pale and his forehead covered in layers of sweat. It only got worse, the heat. And, according to the news, things weren't going to get better for at least the next three days.