you can close your eyes

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. This is so wrong. Every cell in Peter's body kept screaming at him - it got to the point he had to dig fingers in his hair, cradling his own scalp in desperate attempt to keep his brain from exploding. They took Mister Loki.  S.H.I.E.L.D took Mister Loki, and the thing was Mister Loki didn't even have to come and help to begin with. He would still have been a free man, safe with Mister Thor. Why would he come - Peter thought they weren't friends. He said it himself they weren't. So why'd he care?

And what the hell happened back then? Mister Loki and the Fish Bowl were fighting, and it was rather obvious Mister Loki was winning, but then Fish Bowl did something with his hand - green smoke and evil chuckle - and Mister Loki suddenly seemed... drunk. High. Intoxicated. He had called for his mother, he had cried and he wouldn't stop pleading.

Mister Thor and Mister Stark arrived later, just a minute after Fish Bowl fled the scene because Peter was too busy trying to bring Mister Loki back to reality to stop him, to the sight of Mister Loki thrashing on the floor.
It was Mister Thor who snapped his brother out of it, out of whatever trance he was trapped in.

Then those - big men came rushing in, S.H.I.E.L.D agents, and they took Mister Loki away. Just like that they took him away. And God, this was so wrong.

Wrong and cold. The latter being physically and mentally - though Peter suspected it was more mental. He'd long lost track of time, but if he had to guess, he would say he'd been sitting here at S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarter for three hours and a half. May and Mister Thor and Mister Stark were in Nick Fury's office discussing 'the Loki problem' Peter hated it that he wasn't allowed to be a part of the talk, ordered to wait here like a - like a child.
(Well, wasn't that just what he was?)

Dozens faces walked past him - S.H.I.E.L.D agents - no one stopped to ask if the kid, sitting on the bench all alone with his red and puffy eyes, was okay. No one glanced at him, all seemed to be in a hurry minding their own business. Peter felt small and invisible. He felt useless. Mister Loki was here somewhere - where else would they keep him - but the place was an enormous maze. Peter knew he would get lost before he could find the God, if he were to try to search for him.

The urge to scream boiled up in Peter's stomach, up to his throat, and he wondered if he would still remain unnoticed, if he were to actually scream. He swallowed it down and made no sound, continued to silently drown in his own mind that was suffocating him alive.

Before the pressure got too much, May returned with Mister Stark and Mister Thor, and Peter could barely contain himself from jumping to his feet, asking if they could take Mister Loki home.

(What home? Their apartment was ruined. They would have to find a place elsewhere to live. Perhaps for Mister Loki, his home had always been at Mister Thor's. But really, Peter didn't give any of that any much thought. He just wanted to take Mister Loki out of here - whether or not they were friends)

"Can we leave?" He blurted out. We included Mister Loki - obviously.

May sighed which wasn't a good sign. Mister Thor looked unhappy (bad) Mister Stark opened his mouth, but was cut short by May waving her hand before he could say anything.

She took a seat next to Peter, taking hold of his hand and Peter just wanted to tell her to just get on with it. He didn't need sugarcoating. He just wanted to know the truth. "I'm afraid Loki would have to stay here, Peter-"

"For how long?" Peter interrupted. He didn't like the look on May's face.

"They aren't going to let him off the hook for the New York attack," Mister Thor said. "He'll stand trial tomorrow at nine,"