alleyway at night

"So you're angry with me," Loki laughed, wryly and sarcastically, his arms crossed over his chest "I just saved you from those kids,"

"I'm not angry with you," Peter said, "I just... what if someone saw you,"

"I thought we already had a conversation about that. No one saw me. I'm good,"

"Yeah, but you can't keep doing this. What if you luck out one day?" Peter crossed his arms over his chest, mimicked Loki's action. When Loki narrowed his eyes, Peter narrowed his eyes, too.

They were both stubborn. The topic, about Loki sneaking in Peter's backpack as a snake, and secretly followed him to his school, had been going on for twenty minutes now. As a matter of fact when they got home and were in Peter's room Peter had been so moody and didn't take to Loki. At first Loki ignored him, but seriously who did the kid think he was? Peter was a little mortal and Loki was a God; a God wouldn't allow a silent treatment from a mortal.

Loki rolled his eyes, "You're a pain in the ass,"

"So are you," Peter shrugged.

"Did you just call me a pain in the ass?"

Peter shrugged again.

The audacity, Loki thought with his narrowed eyes. He was debating with himself if he should turn the kid into a frog when a commotion from the alleyway at the back of the apartment broke both of them out of their thoughts.

They rushed to the window, looking down from the sixteenth story to see an old lady with her back against the brick wall and a guy with a knife in his hand yelling at her. Neither Loki nor Peter heard what the man was yelling about, but it wasn't hard to predict the man was telling her to give him her wallet and whatever was in her purse.

"She's in trouble!" Peter said, reflectively rushed for his Spider suit and put it on, though he was hit with a wave of confusion when, after his face was hidden behind the mask, he turned and saw Mister Loki already summoned his dagger and changed from his casual Asgardian clothes to some sort of body armour suit. "What are you doing?" Peter asked.

"I got this. You stay here," Loki said, about to teleport himself to the scene when Peter stopped him.

"What part of can't let anyone see you do you not understand?"

Loki rolled his eyes. This kid gained more and more audacity every day. Damn it.

"Peter-"

"You stay here," Peter cut him off, "I got this, I totally got this," with that Peter shot his spider web to the window and swung himself out of it. Loki watched as the kid landed on the floor between the lady and the bad guy.

~~~

He clearly wasn't expecting that. The bad guy in a balaclava with a knife took a step backward. Peter saw the lady's purse already in his hand, and said, "alright, give the lady his purse back, and I might go easy on you."

"Alright, dude, I was just messing around," said the bad guy. He reached his hand out and was carefully handing Peter - Spider-Man, the purse.

This is easy, Peter thought, but he didn't think much of it. After all everyone heard of Spider-Man's reputation. The kid almost paid no attention at all and even let his mind wander around, that's why he didn't see it when the bad guy struck with no warning.

Even his spider sense wasn't fast enough when the man lunged forward with a knife. Peter only saw it when the sharp blade was going directly toward his body. And it was too late to do anything.

Oh shit.

Everything happened in an instant. He heard the old lady screaming from behind him. For a moment he thought that was it. Even closed his eyes and waited for the impact, but the pain never came.

When Peter opened his eyes again he saw Mister Loki standing in front of him, hand around the bad guy's wrist, twisting the knife out of his hand. Loki kicked the man with his God's strength and the man flew backward against the wall like a rag doll.

He moaned in pain, but when he crawled up on his feet he didn't even look who it was that hit him, just stumbled out the alley and ran without a fight. Disappeared in the dead of night.

The lady's purse landed on the ground. Peter picked it up and handed it to her. Part of him afraid of what she was gonna say about the infamous Loki being here, alive and well, but she just said, "God bless you, you both good boys with hearts of gold."

And it occurred to Peter that she probably hadn't good enough vision to see who helped her. For her they were only good kids saving an old lady.

She waved both of them a good bye before going on her way.

"That was awesome," Peter said once she was gone. He turned to face Mister Loki, and his eyes widened when he saw Loki dropping on the ground.

"Mister Loki!!" Pete quickly rushed to him, getting on his knees, and, under the moonlight, he saw crimson blood gushing out of Loki's abdomen where Loki pressed his hand tightly against the nasty cut.

No.

Loki groaned, clearly in pain, and suddenly Peter was lost. He didn't know what to do. Mister Loki was bleeding out here because he saved his life, and Peter didn't know what to do. He was just a kid.

"Mister Loki, sir, can you stand?" It was a stupid question, and Peter regretted asking it when Loki tried to get back on his feet only to drop back on the floor with a whine.

The bleeding wouldn't slow down, and Peter was going crazy. This wasn't like the time when he found Mister Loki in the dumpster; back then he thought Mister Loki was already dead or was dying, and they hadn't grown so close to each other (or perhaps it was only Peter who grew close and attracted to Loki) the point was back then; Peter hadn't seen Loki as his friend. But now Loki was Peter's friend and Loki was dying. That's what made this a whole lot worse; Peter's friend was dying because he saved Peter.

No.

No, Pete wasn't going to let it happen.

He heaved Mister Loki up, ignoring his agony cry and placed Loki's hand around his shoulders. Then he started walking up the fire escape to his room. Slowly and carefully. Pete knew it was risky to use his spider web and jump to his window; any sudden move could do great harm to Mister Loki's injury.

Eventually they made it to Peter's room. Peter quickly placed Loki on his bed before standing up and taking a step backward to examine the whole situation; Loki was gasping like he couldn't breathe air into his lungs, the blood from the nasty cut was soaking Peter's bed, turning it red.

(If Loki were to die here, it would surely look a lot like Peter murdered him and this very room would be the crime scene.)

Holy shit holy shit holy shit. What am I supposed to do?! Peter was freaking out. Nothing good ever came out of it when Peter freaked out. He ran both hands through his hair, pulling at it frantically, and paced back and forth around the room while Loki was moaning in pain.

They weren't quiet. That was for sure. Whoever was outside the room would hear the commotion, the sounds of Peter swearing and talking gibberish and losing his mind and Loki moaning.

Though when someone kicked the door open the room fell into silence. Both Loki and Peter looked at the doorway, and Peter felt as though he was going to have a heart attack; Aunt May was standing there, looking confused and pissed... super pissed, and she said, "What the fuck?!"