so we meet again

Loki only had enough time to see a rifle pointing at them before the fire went off, and the bullet was flying through the air towards them. Meanwhile Peter's Spider-Sense didn't help more than telling him which way the bullet was coming, not how to get out of the way.

(Sometimes that happened; him only knowing the danger was coming but not how to prevent it from happening or how to remove himself from the situation, like on Titan where he saw it coming, but couldn't stop himself from turning into dust in Mister Stark's arms)

Some strong force pushed him sideway and he felt himself being moved like a rag doll. Peter thought it must had something to do with his Spider-Sense that he almost saw it all in slow motion; Mister Loki jumping at him without thinking about his own life as the bullet collided with something. It could've ended Peter. That easily. If not for Mister Loki jumping in the way.

Next thing Peter knew he was lying on the ground with Loki on top of him. At first the ringing in his ears was too intense that he thought the grunting was his own, then he realised he'd been struck mute and the sound was coming from Mister Loki.

"Sir?" Peter looked, his eyes widened when he saw blood. Loki's blood. "Mister Loki!"

"Go," Loki was speaking to him, voice hoarse. His hand clenched tight on his leg where blood kept gushing out. "Go!"

Peter heard footsteps stomping closer; the man who shot them with the gun still in his hand.

They couldn't fight, with Loki injured. Their only shot of survival was to run. Peter returned his gaze back to Loki, "we need to go!"

Easier said than done. The second Loki tried to stand, the pain brought him down with a yelp. He wouldn't make it. So Peter placed Loki's arm around his shoulders then tried to stand both himself and the God up. Keyword being tried. The kid's attempt ended up with them both on the ground before they could even take their first step.

"You need to leave," Loki ordered. His voice somehow even more hoarse, but Peter thought he could hear the fear in them. "Run. Save yourself. Go!"

"No, not without you!" Peter meant it. He considered taking on the man on his own. He still had his Spidering ability. Even if the man seemed like he was made of pure muscles and will to kill, and a gun, Peter would fight and he would fight till death, if it meant not leaving a friend behind.

Unfortunately Loki made the decision for him. A portal - a magic portal - opened behind Peter. Then Loki pushed him into that portal. The last thing Peter saw was Mister Loki trying to follow, reaching out his hand and Peter reached back in hope to grab him. Though before they could touch, the man got to Loki first. Peter heard himself screaming, calling Mister Loki's name as Loki was being dragged away.

Then the portal closed.

~~~

Peter landed ungracefully on the too familiar wooden ground after falling for what felt like 30 minutes.

"Mister Loki!" He screamed. Jumping up on his feet and spinning around like he was losing his mind, in which he probably was. Peter was back at the safe house, safe and secured while Loki was out there, injured with that lunatic who tried to kill them.

No no no this isn't happening, Peter felt that little piece of sanity being ripped away from him. This isn't happening. Mister Loki could be dead. This can't be real. This isn't real.

"Mister Loki!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. He wanted to pull at his hair, to hit something, break something. Kill someone. This was all his fault. If he listened. If only he listened to Mister Loki telling him it was a bad idea to leave the house in the first place, if only he listened to Mister Loki telling him they should be heading back way before they ran into that shed. This was all his fault. All Peter's fault.