Epilouge

Senior year quickly came to a close. After prom came exams and then graduation. We were almost done. Before we knew it everything would be different. Our entire lives were about to change.

"It feels like only yesterday." Vincent sighed.

I shifted my position in bed so I was laying on my stomach and switched the phone from one ear to the other. "What?"

"I said it seems like only yesterday. You know? When I first saw you peeping out your window, checking me out."

"That's funny. I don't exactly remember checking you out. That's what you did that night I went to that party."

"Yeah, the school heartthrob just had to check out fresh meat."

"Oh is that all you saw me as?" I asked playfully.

"No, I knew you were different from the start. You caught my attention from day one."

I smiled into the phone and was thankful Vincent couldn't see my red cheeks.

"Everything is gonna be different after tomorrow isn't it?" Vincent asked.

"Not everything. We'll still be together."

"Yeah but it's just weird to think that we're not gonna be in high school anymore. It's like I'm losing a piece of myself."

"Well don't think of it as a loss, think of it as a new beginning. One door may be closing but one hundred others are about to open. It's an entirely new chapter in our lives."

"I'm just glad that you'll be there with me."

"Forever and always."

"Well I should probably let you get some sleep. We don't need any bags under your gorgeous eyes tomorrow."

"Yeah your right." I frowned, not wanting to get off the phone so soon.

"I love you." He said.

I paused for a moment and smiled. "I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~

"And as we each venture off onto our own different paths, I am positive that each and every one of us will find success, because that is what we have been prepared for. Thank you."

The crowd applauded as Beckie Williams, our valedictorian, finished her speech. After the principal gave a few closing statements, they began calling the names and graduates.

I smiled in admiration as each of my friends walked across the stage and accepted their diplomas. When it was my own turn I could hear my own cheers of congratulations and I just smiled and strutted across.