Those Blue Eyes (Chappy 2)

Pic on the side is Christie!!! This is exactly how I imagined her xD Comment!!! Vote!!!--------->>>>

        "Thank God for Facebook." I muttered as I closed my laptop. I was terrified that I was going to be alone when I finally went to school, but I remembered that my friend Christie moved out here a few years back. With a few inbox messages, I was meeting with her at Starbucks.

        I threw on a pink shirt that had a cute white bunny face on it. I ended up giving in to the California heat and paired that with some short shorts, a pair of gray Converse, my pink tinted sunglasses, and a pale pink handbag.

         I trotted down the stairs and found my mom in the kitchen attempting to cook. "Mom." I stated blandly. "Please stop trying to poison Tom with your intoxications. I swear your cooking should be illegal in all 50 states and Canada."

        "Ha, ha! Thanks for the compliment." My mom scoffed.

        I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on her shoulder. "Can I borrow your car?" I asked pouting my bottom lip.

         My mom stopped stirring what I'm assuming to be her miserable attempt at mashed potatoes and turned to me with her hands on her hips. "And just where are you going?"

         "To meet with Christie. I might as well make the most out of the time I'm here." I shrugged.

My mom sighed and handed me the keys out of her pocket. I jumped up and down in joy and kissed her on the cheek. I grabbed the keys before she had a chance to go back on her word.

        I hopped in her all black Sequoia and pushed the keys in the ignition. When the engine revved to life I put the car in drive and pulled out of the driveway.

         It felt nice to be on the road again. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that being in a truck meant I was towering over everyone's cars. Despite that, I let myself enjoy driving considering I wouldn't get to that often. All because my dumb dad decided I need to understand what 'true punishment' is. So he decided to keep my car until I learned some discipline.

I was too busy being angry about my car to notice that I was already at my destination. I found a parking spot and entered the Starbucks building. It was filled with college students on their laptop who looked not only extremely overwhelmed, but also extremely bored. I scanned all the tables and noticed a quirky blond sipping a mocha and endlessly flirting with a college student that didn't seem the least bit interested. Yup! That's Christie for you.

         I quietly walked close to her and brought my mouth down to her ear. I made sure to whisper delicately and enunciate clearly. "You are pathetic."

         Christie nearly jumped out of her seat in shock. She turned around and clutched her chest when she realized it was only me. "Rose!" She yelled, still in shock. A few people inside the store shushed her but she just flipped them off and continued about her business.

         She seemed to get over her previous anger very quickly seeing as before I could blink she had me crushed against her in a tight hug.

         Air." I gasped desperately.

         Christie let go and smiled at me. "I'm sorry, I just can't believe you're really here."

         "Neither can I," I mumbled, taking a seat at the table right in front of her.

         "So how do you like California?"

         "I've been here four days and this is the first time I've left the house. I feel like such a social alien."