The Art Of Seduction

Pic is of Ryan----->>>>>>

        I glanced over at the guy who had his arm draped over my shoulder. His golden brown hair stopped right above his green eyes which were glued to the pointless action movie he suggested we watch earlier. I was seriously regretting my previous decision to go on this date with him. I had only said yes because he thought he'd get something out of me by buying me the cutest pair of sandals ever. Sadly, I ended up agreeing to his date, and now I'm extremely bored.

        I pulled his arm from around my shoulder and placed it on his lap. In return he gave me a confused look and I knew I needed to improvise. "Look John-"

        "John?" he queried. "My name's Logan."

        I dismissed my slip up with a wave of the hand and continued on. "Listen Logan, tonight was really fun and all, but I'm tired and it's past my curfew so I need to get home. I'll call you okay?" Without giving him a chance to respond, I pecked him on the cheek, grabbed my purse, and bolted out the door.

        I unlocked the door to my 2011 Lincoln and easily glided in. It was a little past 12 and I knew I was in deep shit when I got home so I took my time getting there. Maybe it was wrong of me to tell Jeremy I was going to call him back when I really wasn't. That was his name right, or was it Richard?

        I was lost in my thoughts so the ride home seemed to be impossibly short. Luckily when I got home all the lights were off so as long as I kept quiet I wouldn't have to face my dad's wrath. I pushed the front door open gently and let out a sigh of relief as it didn't creak. I closed it with just as much ease and had the same amount of luck.

        I felt like I was on top of the world as I walked up the steps with no worries. Just as I was about halfway up the stairs, the lights flickered on and my dad cleared his throat. I mentally slapped myself before turning to face him.

        "Well Rose, do you know what time it is?" My dad asked through clenched teeth. I could tell by his stiff disposition that the anger in his body was just waiting to break through.

        "Um...late?" I inquired.

        My dad almost boiled over with anger at that exact moment, but somehow he was able to control himself. "It's 12:45 to be exact. Where were you? Do you know how irresponsible it is to stay out past curfew? And on a school night! I don't know what has gotten into you."

        Logan! That was his name. Was it wrong of me to lie to Logan and tell him that I would call him when I was completely sure that I'd never call him a day in my life.

        "Are you even listening to me?" My dad yelled furiously. "See this is what I'm talking about. Honestly Rose, what happened to you? I keep getting calls from your teacher's saying your grades are dropping. I just can't understand it." he let out a sigh and shook his head. "I've talked to your mom and we both think it would be for the best if you stayed with her for your senior year."

        "What?" I asked in disbelief. "It's my senior year. That is completely unreasonable!"

        "Unreasonable? What am I supposed to do Rose? I don't have many options here. Ever since-"

        "Don't even go there." I interjected. "That has nothing to do with the way I am. I'm like this because I chose to be."

        "Then what happened to my innocent little girl?"

        I plastered an empty smile onto my face and blinked away tears from the unwanted memories. "She grew up and saw what the world was really all about."