Playing the field (C-H-A-P-T-E-R 6)

Pic on the side is Jessica ------->>>>>

        I thought about chasing after Vincent and making him eat dirt, but I saw the way he ran out of the hallway, and I was nowhere near physically capable of catching him. With a sigh and a slouch of the shoulder I dragged myself to first period.

        "So...?" Christie asked as I slung my book bag over the edge of the chair.

                "What are you talking about?"

                "You know exactly what I'm talking about. You, Vincent that kiss. What was that?"

                That question brought a smirk to my face. If Christie didn't hear me then she knows nothing about my game. "Well," I began deviously. "Vincent LeClaire is officially my boyfriend, and I will break the record of having the title of his girlfriend longest. By the time I'm done with Vincent he'll be begging me to marry him."

*~~*

        I walked out of my class to head to lunch only to be pulled back. The door shut and locked and I turned around ready to curse someone out.

                "Okay, what the-- Kai." The anger that almost boiled over began to recede. I knew at one point I was going to have to deal with the whole Kai situation.

         "Can we talk?" he asked nervously.

         "Well I'm assuming you didn't drag me in here to do anything else...or did you?" I teased.

                "Why do you do that?"

                "Do what?"

                "Flirt with people even though you're obviously not interested." Kai leaned back against the desk and waited for an answer.

                "Who said I wasn't interested?"

                He let out a sigh and pointed at me. "See, you're doing it again. You made out with Vincent this morning and now you're flirting with me."

                I shrugged and crossed my arms against my chest. "When was playing the field ever illegal. I kissed you yesterday and I got no response. Why would it be wrong of me to try and move on?" The player side in me was starting to come out. I know that I promised Christie I wouldn't hurt Kai, and I won't. But who said that I couldn't have any fun?

                Kai looked taken aback for a moment and then his head dropped to the ground. "I- Um, do you think I could take you out?"

                I was shocked. Mainly because I figured he'd hate me considering I kissed him, then kissed another guy not even 24 hours later. Letting him take me out one time wouldn't be leading him on.

                "Sure." I finally replied.

                Kai's head popped back up and his glee was seeping through his pores. "So do you want to go tonight?"

                "Yeah that's fine."

                "Alright I'll pick you up at 7 dress warmly."

                Kai and I exchanged numbers and I gave him my address. I even let him give me a kiss on the cheek before he walked out of the classroom.