Response to a Kiss (23)

Rose POV

        I don't know why it happened, but it did. It didn't take long for Jace to get over the shock and start to kiss me back. I didn't like it. I didn't feel those jolts of electricity in my stomach, and I didn't feel the dying need to jump his bones. Instead, i felt disgusted. Not at Jace, but at myself. If i did this, I wasn't any better than Vincent. It's not worth it.

        When Jace's tongue grazed my bottom lip, I knew this had to stop. I used all the strength I  could muster and pushed Jace away.

        He looked at me confused and I stood from the park bench and looked away from him.  "I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that."

        Jace sighed and looked at the ground. "It's fine." He stood up and started walking towards his car. "At least let me give you a ride home."

        "Thanks, but no thanks. My car is still back at the party. You should go have some fun."

        "Oh." The sadness was clearly evident in his voice.

        He hopped in his car and the engine revved to life. I knocked on his window to stop him. He rolled it down and looked at me confused.

        "Jace, one day you'll find a girl that is worth it. She'll love you just as much as you love her. I'm so sorry that I can't return your feelings. I don't hate you. I'm sorry for always being so horrible to me. You don't deserve it. You're not a bad guy. I would love to return your feelings, but I can't. I'm in love with Vincent."

        Jace's face was expressionless. He looked out the windshield and shook his head. Cutting off his car, Jace stepped out and came back towards me. "I'm so sorry Rose."

        It was my turn to look confused.

        "I didn't want to do it. Okay, so maybe I did, but that was before I knew exactly what she wanted me to do. I never wanted to hurt you Rose believe me."

        "Jace, calm down! Please explain what you're talking about."

        Jace took a deep breath before speaking again. "Jessica and I aren't really dating. It was just to make you and Vincent jealous. When she realized it wasn't working she came up with this ridiculous plan to break the two of you up. I wasn't even sure how she was going to do it. When she told me about her plan I tried to change her mind. She wasn't having it. That's why she's with Vincent now. I don't know how she managed to get him with her, but she did. Don't be angry at me. I wanted to back out, but I couldn't she has too much power."

        I. Was. Beyond. Angry.

        Even though Jace told me this, he was still a part of it, and that pissed me off. but what pissed me off more was that Vincent was dumb enough to fall into her little trap. I was in no mood to kill anyone and I know if I go back to that party I'm going to end up doing something irrational. That's why I asked Jace to drive me home.

        The very last thing i needed was to go back to that stupid party and do something that I'll regret in the morning. I'll come back to pick up my car and I'll talk to Vincent.

Vincent POV

        I slammed Jessica's front door closed angrily. I can't believe that bitch drugged me!  As I walked down the lawn towards my car, I noticed a familiar car pulling out of the driveway.

        "Rose!" I yelled.

        As soon as she saw my face her eyes darkened and she began to roll up her window. She knew. I managed to catch up to her car before she could speed off. "Wait!" I called.

        "Move out of the way Vincent." She barked through clenched teeth. Her window was open just enough so that  could hear her harsh words through the car.

        "Please Rose, just give me a minute to explain."

        "There's nothing to explain, Jace told me everything. I know that you were drugged and that what happened last night wasn't your fault."

        "Then why are you angry?"

        I saw the tears begin to prickle at her eyes before she closed them tightly, shielding them from freedom. "Because that doesn't change the fact that it happened. It doesn't change the way I feel."

        "Rose..." But that was all I could manage. There wasn't really much to say to that. She was right. I couldn't just erase all memory of last night. As much as I wanted to forget ,  I knew  it wasn't that easy.  I didn't even try and stop Rose from leaving after that. I needed to give her some space; time to think. When she was finally ready to talk to me she would, and when she did, I was going to tell her how I truly felt about her and put an end to this silly game once and for all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooo sorry that this is late. I was procrastinating again, and with my little nephew being born on thursday, i didn't really have much time :P

Don't worry, I'll post again soon. I'll even start working on the new chapter tonight.

Don't really have much to say. This chapter was kind of a filler. All I can say is that I didn't get a lot of VOTES and COMMENTS last chapter, so let's change that this time, Kay?

RANDOM MOMENT OF RANDOMNESS: Who watches The epic rap battles of  history??? Which one is your fav? Which one do you want to see? I wanna see Cinderella vs. Barbie lol

Peace!!