Love & Other Problems

A/N: This may get a bit confusing but just bear with me. The beginning is all the way from the night of the party. It's the car ride home with Jace.}

Rose POV

        The car ride was beyond awkward. I wanted to ask a Jace so many questions, but I was still angry at him. He was a part of all of this. I mentally debated with myself for a while before finally coming to a decision.

        "Can you explain this little plan of yours in more detail please?" I asked through clenched teeth.

        Jace sighed, as if he expected me to ask him that eventually. "You have to promise to hold all your anger until I'm finished."

        "Pinky Promise."

        "Okay," He began. "I guess this whole idea came to her after she saw you in the hallway with Vincent. I guess you kind of pissed her off."

        I rolled my eyes remembering that day very clearly.

        "She wanted to get you away from Vincent. She said she saw some sort of connection between the two of you. Something Vincent didn't usually have with other girls. She knew she was going to have to play dirty. She had someone who works for her mom do a background check on you. She found out what school you used to go to and she looked up information about that. She stalked your Facebook and the Facebook of all your friends and everything. Somehow she managed to stumble across a picture of us. "

        Damn me for never taking that picture down. It was one of my favorites. The picture of Jace and I with his hand on my baby bump. But I have that picture set up so only I could see it. Sneaky Bitch! She must've hacked my Facebook. Oh, there was going to be hell to pay...

        "Well, she eventually approached me and came up with this plan to get you and Vincent to break up. She figured if she could get Vincent to sleep with her and you to find out, then you would want to break up with him. That's where I'd swoop in and be your knight in shining armor. It took me a while to realize that's not what I wanted. I din't want to be a rebound. Especially not to Vincent. He's supposed to be my best friend. How could I betray him like that? I felt horrible every time I was with Jessica or when I thought about what I'd be doing to Vincent; to you; to both of you! I never wanted to hurt anyone. I just wanted to be with you."

        I Sighed as I fought back the new set of tears that began to rush in. I had to fight them this time and keep my composure. "Well, her plan worked perfectly. I obviously underestimated Vincent's feelings for me. I never thought they were that strong to begin with, but the fact that he couldn't even say no to Jessica." All I could do was shake my head. It was unfathomable. How could he do something like this? He didn't even think about how I would feel.

        "No, I don't think Vincent had much of a choice."

        "Jace, what are you talking about? I watched them the whole time. There was no sign of struggle or anything."

        "No Jessica had to do something to lead him to have sex with her. Vincent may have dumped girls like nothing, but he never cheated on any of them. Mind you he never really dated any of them long enough to really cheat anyway. But that's beside the point. Despite popular belief, Vincent has morals. He would never cheat on his girlfriend."

        "Then why the hell was he doing that with her." I'd let my anger get the best of me by this point. Thinking about all this shit with Vincent was really pissing me off.