Party Fail (Twenty-1)

Rose POV

        Just as I'd suspected, our last day on then trip came and went. We threw ourselves a little afternoon bonfire that a few locals came to and afterward we packed up and left. I haven't been able to look at Vincent in the eye since that night in the room either. I should've been acting like it didn't bother me, but it did.

        Time was flying by. Before I knew it we were back at school sitting at our usual lunch table.

        "It's around that time of year again." Jace commented as Jessica walked away from the table to throw away the food she barely touched.

        "About what time?" I asked.

        "Jessica's extravagant birthday bash." Christie sighed.

        "More like birthday smash." Dani snorted. "It's a huge house party that people go to to get as wasted as possible so they can smash whoever they want."

        "That sounds, interesting." I smiled. "So why are all of you so grim?"

        "Because now is the time when Jessica starts planning it and since all the people who usually helped her plan graduated we're sure she'll drag us into it." Megan groaned.

        "It can't be that bad."

~Six days Later~

        "Jessica I'm tired." I complained.

        "So lazy. What kind of friends would you be if you didn't help me out with my 19th birthday party?" She argued.

        Tyler dropped the case of beers he was carrying and sighed. "Why don't you just hire people to do this?"

        "Obviously because it's a lot more fun to watch all of you do the dirty work. Now don't stop. We still have a lot of work to do if we want to be finished before tonight."

        "You could at least help." Vincent groaned.

        "And ruin my fresh manicure? I think not."

        We spent the next couple of hours prepping Jessica's house for the most amazing party of the century. All in all, we did a good job, despite the fact that it took us six hours and that Jessica's house is massive. By the time we were finished it was already seven thirty, which gave me just enough time to get ready and be fashionably late. I took a long bubble bath and when I got out it was Eight thirty.

        I wasted no time searching for the perfect outfit. As I was looking through my closet I started thinking about Vincent. What would he be wearing? What would he want me to wear? What colors does he like best on me? How do I get his attention?

        Stop Rose! He is the last thing I need to worry about tonight. I'm going to think about myself and what I can do to have fun. If there's nothing more to our relationship than this game, I'll show him just how good of a player I truly am. Watch out Vincent. Here I come.

Jessica POV

        The plan was in motion. The party was in full swing, and people were getting drunk. Right now I needed to find Jace. He was a key component in my plan and I needed him to play his part. I could care less if this plan works out in his favor because it probably won't. He's just my innocent little puppy dog that is needed for me to get Vincent back.