Spontaneous Generation (Twenty_Five)

I glanced at our intertwined fingers and smiled. Life couldn't get much better than this. Of course there was a nagging feeling in the back of my mind telling me that things were going to take a turn for the worse really soon, but that was a given. There were still some things that needed to be addressed. Jessica, for one, and everything that happened between Jace and me as well. But all that could wait. Right now, I just wanted to think about Vincent and me. Us. Together.

        "I want to do something spontaneous." Vincent said suddenly. We were in the car, leaving the arena where Vincent had just confessed his undying love for me. Okay, not undying, but you get the point.

        "What could be more spontaneous than what you just did?"

        He looked at me and smiled. "That was amazing, wasn't it?"

        I rolled my eyes and suppressed the blush that was surely rising on my cheeks. "Seriously though. What do you mean spontaneous?"

        "I don't know, like bungee jumping."

        "Bungee jumping?"

        "Yeah, it could be fun."

        "And deadly! There's no way I'd ever go bungee jumping."

        "Okay, okay, what about hang gliding?"

        "Vincent, have you gone mad?" I asked. "Let's do something spontaneous that won't put me in mortal danger."

"Like what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight! Tonight!

There's a part on the rooftop top of the world.

Tonight! Tonight!

Yeah we're dancing on the edge of the Hollywood sign.

I don't know if I'll make it,

But watch how good I'll fake it.

It's alright! Alright!

Tonight! Tonight!

        A party. That seemed like the perfect way to do something spontaneous. A random house party. And boy was it wild. We decided to have it at Vincent's house since there was no way in hell My parents would have let us have it. Vincent's mom was visiting her sister in Sacramento right now, so it made his house all the better.

        "So you guys are okay now?"

        My eyes shifted in the direction of the voice and I smiled at Christie. I already confided in her so she knew about everything that had happened to me in the last week. She visited me every day and brought me ice cream too. I'm convinced she was trying to get me fat.

        "Yeah. We worked it all out. Now all we have to do is deal with Jessica. To be honest I'm kind of scared. I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen."

        "Don't worry yourself over things like that. Everything is going to be fine. Now bring your sexy ass with me so we can dance."

        I laughed, and followed Christie on the dance floor. The song changed and I began crazily dancing to Carly Rae Jepsen and Owl City's Good Time.