One Last Kiss (TEN!!!!)

Rose POV

        Three days. That's how long I'd been laying in my bed. I'm pretty sure my mom and Tom had come home by now, but I didn't care. I was way too depressed to even go say hi. They'd came to check on me, but when I didn't give them any response they decided to leave me alone.

        I hadn't eaten, or talked since I walked out of that Starbucks. I'm not even sure if I've bathed, which is pretty gross. I let Jace get the best of me, yes, but what was I supposed to do? He had brought back all these memories that I wanted so badly to forget. I was drowning in the sorrow of my losses.

        My little baby never had the chance to meet its parents. It never got to take its first steps, or even get a glimpse of the outside world. All the chances my child could have had were ripped away by some sick bastard. The life sentence that the man who attacked me got, didn't make me feel any better. If it were up to me that man would have suffered a painful death and rotted in the ground. He was a sick bastard and I hope he'd never be able to live with himself

        A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away. Come on Rose. You're stronger than this. I closed my eyes hoping to drift off to sleep when I felt my bed dip.

        Mom, I don't want to be bothered." I groaned, my voice hoarse from lack of use.

        "One, I'm not your mom. And two, when has that mattered before?" A deep voice said teasingly. My eyes fluttered open and I turned around quickly.

        "Ryan." I croaked.

        He smiled and spread his arms wide. I wasted no time jumping into them and cradling my head into the nape of his neck.

        What are you doing here?" I asked pulling away from him.

        "Three days ago you butt dialed me and I heard you going off on some guy. I ran to your house and stole your car and drove all the way here."

        "You stole my car? My dad is going to freak!"

        "It's okay, I left him a note."

        I started to laugh but stopped mid chuckle when my mind began to process what he said.

        "Y-you heard?" I managed.

        "Yeah." he answered. Everything grew silent and I waited for him to say something.

        "Why didn't you ever tell me?" he questioned.

        "How do you bring that up in conversation? Besides I never told anyone. I mean I filed the police report and testified in court, but other than telling my parents I never talked to anyone about it. In fact, that was the first conversation Jace and I have ever had about the topic."

        "Speaking of this Jace character, let's go find him so I can shove his head up his ass."

        I chuckled and laid my head on Ryan's shoulder. "So where are my "feel better flowers?" I could use something to show me how much you love me right now."

        "Flowers?" he snorted. "Flowers aren't a good symbol for love, they wilt. Our love is forever, that's why I got you this Nokia phone." he reached in his pocket and pulled out the thick Nokia phone and sat it in my hand.

        "Mm... I'll always keep this close to my heart." I said playfully.

        We sat in a comfortable silence for a while, until Ryan decided to ruin it. "Uh, Rose, I love you and all, but when was the last time you took a shower?"