Island Breeze (Part 18 Mon)

My beautiful Kai POV

        Now or never. She's all alone and this could be the only chance I get to tell her.

        I'd been watching Christie tan all day on the beach while I worked up the courage to talk to her. I wanted to tell her how I feel because I can't keep my feelings bottled in forever.

        I took a deep breath. Now or never.

        "Hey Kai!"

        I jumped at the sound of Rose's voice. Christie turned to look at us and smiled. She put her sunglasses on and relaxed in her chair.

        "Shh." I quieted Rose.

        "Why- Oh. I see." Rose nodded looking at Christie.

        "Yes now can you please go so I can continue to prep myself?" I sighed.

        Rose giggled but happily bounced away.

        Here we go. I can do this.

        I took a step towards Christie and I immediately wanted to take a step back. I wasn't ready for this. What if she hates me? What if she doesn't want to talk to me ever again? I can't live with that. I cherish our friendship even if she doesn't.

        But I have to tell her. I don't want to see her ten years from now and she's married and she tells me she had a huge crush on me when we were in high school. I don't want to miss out on something so spectacular. If there is anyway that she could possibly feel the same about me...

Christie POV

        The sun felt divine on my skin; so smooth and soft. I was having a glorious time wallowing in the sun, when a shadow was cast over me. I removed my eyes from the magazine I was reading and looked up to see what stopped my sunlight.

        "Kai." I whispered as he stood in front of me.

        "Hey." He mumbled, scratching the back of his head. "Um, do you want to go on a walk?."

        I looked around to make sure he was talking to me. He seemed so nervous about something. I wonder what is is.

        "Sure." I replied happily.

        Kai and I walked beside each other away from everyone else on the beach.

        "So, do you like it here?" Kai asked, trying to start conversation.