Secrets Revealed (Terrible 22s)

RECAP:

I couldn't even move. My whole body went numb. So what. This is just a game. It's just a game. It's just a game.

Who was I kidding? This might've been just a game to Vincent, but it was much more than that to me. Some where, in the midst of our drama, I'd gotten my feelings involved. As hard as I fought it was all in vain. The inevitable had happened. I fell in love with Vincent.

Rose POV

        The realization hit me hard and fast. I'd never said the words to myself so to finally admit it meant a lot. The shock of these new emotions came and went. Eventually the sadness started to move in. The tears started to form in my eyes and I did the same thing I usually did in situations like this. I ran.

        My legs created a mind of their own as I bolted away from the door and pushed through the crowd of drunken teenagers. Tears streamed down my cheeks, but I didn't care. I couldn't get the image of Vincent's naked body on top of Jessica's out of my mind. I wasn't even sure where I was going. I just continued to run until my little nonathletic legs wouldn't let me run any farther.

        I ended up sitting on some swing in the park. I'd cried all the tears I could. I let it happen again. I got my feelings involved and I ended up getting hurt. Well I'm done getting my feelings involved. It never turns out well. In the end I always get hurt.

        Vincent cheated on me. Okay, I get that this was all supposed to be a game, but you'd think he'd have a tad bit of loyalty. And then what about Jessica? Wasn't she supposed to be with Jace? How was he going to feel when he finds out about all of this? As the tears poured out of my eyes I heard a voice in the distance.

        "Rose!"

        Oh, great just what I need at a time like this. I wiped at my eyes trying to hide all evidence of the tears.

        Jace pulled up in his car and front of me and stepped out. "I finally found you. Are you okay."

        "I'm just peachy. Just needed a little bit of fresh air. That's all." It sounded like I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince him.

        "Rose I know you better than anyone. I know when you're upset and I know when you're lying. You may have everyone else fooled, but not me."

        "And?" I scoffed. "Don't expect me to confide in you."

        He smiled glumly. "I don't. I'm here to be your shoulder to cry on. You don't have to tell me what happened. Hell, you don't have to say anything. But you don't have to put up this strong conceited front around me. I know you're not like that. I know that you get hurt easily and you wear your heart on your sleeves. I know that I hurt you and I can never win you back. I've accepted that. But that doesn't mean that I can't continue to stay by your side. Even if I'm just a shoulder to cry on."