The Aftermath (34)

Rose POV

        I didn't see anything but white. All I could hear was the faint sound of somthing beeping in the background and the smell of morphine was filling my nose. Was I in a hospital? What happened to me and why can't I open my eyes.

        "Everything's going to be alright Rose I promise. I can't believe this happened to you. You're going to be okay though."

        I tried my absoloute hardest to call out Vincent's name or wrap my fingers around his, show him that I could hear everything that he was saying, but my body wouldn't let me. It was like I was alive, but I wasn't. Wait, am I dead? Oh God! I died. But how? Did I get into a car accident or what?

        No. Don't think the worse. If I was dead I'd be having one of those out of body experiences. But if I'm not dead, then what am I?

        I heard a door open and a few muffled voices and I silenced my thoughts so I could concentrate on the conversation.

        "Anything new?" Vincent asked.

        "No," A new voice started. "Her brain activity is the same as it has been for the past few weeks. She's not progressing at all. At this rate we're not sure when she'll wake up, if she ever will. I'm really sorry that I can't give you more information."

        "No, thank you Dr. Junivee. As long as she's not getting worse. I know she'll wake up. She just has to."

        So I was in the hospital, and from the looks it I'm in a coma of some sort. But how? Why can't I remember what happened? It's all blank to me. Grr! This is so frustrating. Okay Rose. Take a deep breath and think. What is the last thing that you remenber?

        I went on a date with Vincent, I told him about Jessica's lie, and he took me home... That's it! I went over to Jessica's the next morning when Vincent was supposed to be there. Jessica picked up a piece of broken glass that was on the floor and charged at me with it. She stabbed me in the stomach.  After that I fell and hit my head on a table.

        A sharp pain piereced through me and as much as I wanted to flinch or scream out in pain, I couldn't. My body just wouldn't let me. How long was  going to feel like this before I had control over my own body again?

        The doctor had said something about weeks before. That meant that it took weeks for me to gain control of my thoughts. I can't stay like this forever. Someone, anyone please help me...

Vincent POV

        I don't know how much more of this I'm going to be able to handle. It's been three weeks since the incident and we haven't gotten so much as a sharp intake of breath out of her. Why wasn't she getting any better?

        She'd missed Christmas and New Years already. Prom was right around the corner and I had some big plans. I didn't want her to miss that too. Besides, Despite all of those things, I needed her. I wasn't sure how much longer I was going to be able to keep up this strong act. Not having her here was the worst feeling in the world. I'd broken my ankle once, and that wasn't nearly as painful as this.

        "Rose," I whispered, placing my hand in the palm of her pale, cold one. "I know you can hear me. Just twitch or grab my hand or something. Just show me that you're in there fighting."

        I waited for a moment, hoping, praying that she would actually respond to that, but of course she didn't.

        "Vincent baby," Nurse Jenny called waking into the room. "Visiting hours are over honey. I have to tell you to leave. You can come back tomorrow though."

        I sighed and made myself leave the room. Not without placing a kiss on Rose's forehead like I always did. She was going to wake up. She just had to... Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you guys think? Isn't this something. Tbh i wasn't even planning this lol, it just sort of came to me. I'll see if i can pull another chapter out of my ass before the end of the week but idk. Anywhooo, Rose!!! Comatose?? How can this be??? What's happening with Jessica?? Oh and I just figured out how I am going to start the next chapter so I'm gonna go work on that :)

Bye my luvies, until next time, smoochess