It's not a party, just a friendly get together! (C H A P T E R 1 2)

"You know," Christie started. "You've been here for more than a month now and have yet to invite us to your house."

        A group of us were sitting around the circular cafeteria table and everyone nodded in agreement with Christie's statement.

        Vincent sat beside me and tossed his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah Rose, when will you invite us to your house?"

        "When pigs fly." I scoffed.

        "Oh come on Rose." Tyler complained. "We all have to over together at least once. Think of it as a rite of passage. If you don't invite us over then you will never be truly accepted by us."

        I didn't really care about being accepted by them, but if it would get them off my dick about coming over...

        "Fine, we can all hang by the pool today."

        The group of teenagers in front of me let out a cascade of whoops and hollers. What am I getting myself into?

*****

        I pulled on my Batman bikini and put in my Batman belly ring. This was probably one of my favorite bikinis because I got it from Spencer's, which is this cool store back home that sells all this character stuff.

        It was all black with the Batman insignia plastered all over it. I pulled some Jean short shorts over the bottom of my bikini and decided that the bikini top would be fine. Just as I pulled my hair out of a ponytail and let it fall around my shoulders the doorbell rang.

        "Coming!" I yelled, though I doubt that whoever it was could hear me.

        I ran and opened the door and I was actually shocked at who was standing there. "Kai."

(I hope you didn't think I forgot about my beautiful Kai... *Hehe*)

        "Hey." He said with a smile.

        "Um, what are you doing here?" I questioned. How stupid am I? He's obviously here because I invited everyone here. I guess I kind of forgot about Kai.

        "I'm pretty sure you invited me, but if you want me to leave..."

        "No! I mean you're fine, come in. Nobody else is here yet."

        I let Kai in and closed the door. I went and sat on the couch and motioned for Kai to take a seat. He happily obliged, but I noticed that he sat a little too close to me. This is why I've been avoiding him. I was supposed to be with Vincent and I can't play around with Kai. I promised Christie I wouldn't.

        "Have you been avoiding me?" He asked jumping straight to the point.

        "Of course not!" I lied. God I am a terrible liar. Why had I decided to send Ryan to the store to get some stuff for today?

        "Then why haven't you said an entire sentence to me since we went on that date? If you see me coming down the hall you turn in the opposite direction and you always sit as far away from me as possible. If you don't want anything to do with me just tell me, but don't let me continue to feel like this." He sounded so desperate and I just wanted to cave for only a moment, but I can't. I still have to make Vincent fall for me and I can't do anything to jeopardize that.

        "Kai, it's not that I don't want anything to do with you, it's just that... I have a boyfriend." Yeah, Vincent was a good excuse.

        "And I have a Physics test next week." He shrugged.