Catching Feelings... (one-five)

Back to my lovely Rose POV

        I walked through the front doors of the school with a smile on my face. One that had permanently planted itself there since my date with Vincent. I'd tried to hide it, but there was no use. That date was just to perfect.

        Sadly, it didn't take long for the smile to be wiped off my face. I was pulled into a class room, roughly might I add.

        "Okay, who has the balls to- Kai? We seriously have to stop meeting like this."

        Kai was standing in front of the classroom door with a smile on his face. "I missed you."

        I have to admit that he was seriously creeping me out right now. "Yeah, so, what did you need again?"

        He walked over and pressed me against the desk. "I just wanted to taste your lips again."

        Whoa! I had to stop this before it gets out of control. He leaned in to kiss me, but I pushed him away.

        "Baby, what's wrong?"

        Baby? Oh yeah this dude is freaked! I'm going to- No, you told Christie that you wouldn't break his fragile little heart! You have to let him down gently.

        "Kai, didn't I tell you I already have a boyfriend?" I asked through clenched teeth.

        "Christie, didn't I already tell you that I didn't care?" He said leaning in.

        Wait, did he just call me Christie? "You just called me Christie!"

        He stopped trying to lean in and his eyes went wide as he backed away. "N-no I didn't." He stuttered.

        "Yes you did, which means you have a thing for Christie."

        He sighed and sat on one of the nearby desks. "Please don't tell her."

        "I won't, but if you like Christie, why do you keep trying to make out with me?"

        "Because I wanted to forget. I've liked Christie since freshmen year and no matter what I do, I can never get her to notice me. She likes me as a friend or a brother. I thought that maybe if I could force myself to like another girl, then maybe I would forget about Christie. It didn't work because every time I was with you, or I kissed you I pretended you were Christie."

        "Ouch." I muttered. That was definitely a stab to my ego.

        "I'm sorry Rose, I didn't mean to use you."

        "Yes you did, but its okay. I understand why you did it. A couple years ago I lost something really important to me and the guy that should have been there for me wasn't. I used other guys to get over it and numb the pain, but until I told him how I felt, I never really felt better. You have to tell Christie or you're just going to continue hurting." Kai looked at me and I could easily see the fear in his eyes. "I know it's going to be scary, and I know you're afraid to lose the friendship that you guys have, but trust me, if you tell her you'll feel a lot better."

        "But what if things don't work out?" He asked and began pacing the classroom. "What if she hates me and never wants to talk to me again, I can't live with that Rose. I'd rather her never know and we stay friends than for her to find out and never talk to me again."

        I walked over to him and placed both of my hands on the side of his face. "Look at me. You don't have to tell her when we walk out this classroom. You don't have to tell her tomorrow. All you have to do right now is prepare yourself because despite what you may believe, Christie cares about you a lot." I was definitely sure about that much. Otherwise, she wouldn't be so serious about me not playing Kai.