64

Imani's POV

"Miguel where are you?" I said to him on the phone.

"I'm on the yacht, Amour. Give me a minute." I heard the keys jingling at the door. 

"Did you leave me here all night, alone?" He didn't answer. "Miguel?" I spoke. "I think someone's at the door."

"Stay there and wait for me to get back. I'm still on the yacht. I haven't left here. Just relax, it's all right." He assured me that

"Okay," I sighed "I'll be here waiting." I ended the call and sat on the bed. It was shocking for me when I woke up and saw that Miguel wasn't here so I had a shower but when I got out this man still isn't here.

Suddenly I got a notification on my phone that I'm 10 days late for my period. 

Uhhh-Oh wait. It's not like I'm pregnant or anything. I should probably call doctor Youssef. I need an update. 

I quickly called Dr.  Youssef.

"Mrs. De La Cruz, how can I help?" He said answering the phone.

"Dr. It's been more than 6 months since the crash. My period is 10 days late. It's never happened like that before."

"Ahhh-"

"They've been regular even after the crash."

"Imani, this is normal for your condition. You will be experiencing this for a long time." He explained but I wasn't quite listening because its what I've been hearing ever since. 

'Oh this is normal'- How the f*ck is this normal. One minute I can have babies the next I'm barren for life? I don't f*cking understand how you would consider this normal. 

I took a deep breath and spoke. "Dr. This is becoming exhausting for me. I need to know the real reason."

"Imani. I'm sorry. I know how hard the past 6 months have been for you but parts of your cervix were damaged after the crash. You were pregnant and we tried our best to keep you and your baby alive but it didn't make it. I'm sorry." He waited for my response but I remained silent.

Always the same answer... Why am I even whishing it would change?

"It's fine. I was just worried. Thank you doctor. Have a nice day." I ended the call.

"Imani?" Miguel said opening the door.

"Where did you go?" I asked him, getting up from my bed. 

"I was talking to the captain. I'm thinking about buying a big yacht for us." I nodded and threw myself on the bed. "Is everything okay baby? You seem off." He left his phone on the table and walked up to me. I could smell the scent of his Tom Ford cologne blessing my nostrils. He kissed me on the cheek. "Amour...say something." He stared at me. 

Head: Imani you always complain about the same thing for goodness sake. Let the man not stress about you for once. You are so bothering me right now. Look at how sexy he is and you wanna ruin the moment. 

Heart: Gurl just tell him because you broke me when you didn't tell your family you were pregnant. We lost that baby together. Besides...I was heartbroken and you owe me. 

Gut: Yeah just follow me because we all know for sure I copy everything heart says. 

"Imani, did you zone out or something?" I heard Miguel say.

"I was on the phone with Dr. Youssef." I took a deep breath and looked at him. "Miguel, I won't ever have a chance of giving you your child. I thought I was going to be okay after 6 month's. There won't be any baby."