1

quick note: This is the only chapter that is similar to gang life but the rest of this book is very different to gang life but I also recommend you guys to read it because obviously its great.

*flashback*

"Momma". I got up to my mum with a hand full of candy and a fairytale book of Cinderella.

"Yes, Imani, what do you want this time sweetheart" she hugs me and slowly takes the candy away. "You've had enough Imani. Now what did you want to tell me"

"Will I get to live happily ever after with a prince like Cinderella?". She pauses and holds me close to her chest.

"Yes darling, I promise". My face lights up. "Why'd you ask baby?". I play with her earrings, trying to remember that Israel said to me.

"Israel said that I'm not allowed that". She shook her head and laughed.

"Israel is just lying sweetie. Go back to doing your homework before its bedtime honeybun". I quietly go back to my room.

*End of flashback*

Work was so tiring. It's just the typical life of a 19-year-old grown woman. With a very BIG secret.

When I finally get home I hear muffled shouts coming from the living room. I'm Awake. No need for sleep. How can I sleep peacefully if my father and brother won't stop arguing.

I walk into the living room and see my father and mother sitting down on the couch.

My brother Israel standing firm with folding his arms across his chest.

My dad notices me "Imani, come in

My dad notices me "Imani, come in. We have things to talk about."

I can sense something is wrong. My mother has tears on her face, my dad just giving glares at Israel is giving me bad vibes already.

"Imani...we- "

"Dad she's only 19. You have got to be kidding me." I watch my brother talk as he glares from someone else across the room.

He was 6'2. The same height as my brother. He had olive green eyes. Brown hair and tanned skin.

 Brown hair and tanned skin