52

Imani's POV

"Make sure you save some brownies for Miguel." My mom said giving me a second batch.

"Momma. He ain't gonna find these when he gets back because imma still eat it all." I laugh and she laughs.

"Turn on the TV sweetie." My mom said. I turn it on.

I get a notification from my phone and it's a voicemail from Miguel.

"Hi Gummy Bear. I've been busy with business. I almost died today." I roll my eyes when I hear him laughing. Like he is still alive thank God. "I miss you. Actually miss you a lot. I just wanna hold you again. I love-" his voice cuts straight away.

"Imani, look." I look up from my phone to my mom. "Not at me. Look, oh my." She said looking at the tv.

I turned to the TV and felt an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach. "Multi- millionaire, Miguel De La Cruz was rushed to hospital here in Milan after getting shot in the shoulder." The male news reporter in Italy spoke. "We don't know anything about his condition yet but we were told here by the Milano Palazzo Moscova hotel that two shots were fired and that's when they rushed to his balcony to help him." I turned off the TV and burried my face in my hands.

My mom walked up to me and gave me a hug, telling me everything was gonna be alright. "Imani. Miguel is fine. Trust me I know this."  I pull away from her hug and get up. "Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving to Italy." I said boldly.

"Imani are you crazy. You know how I raised you. You know that every action dosen't need a reaction." I get to the door and she looks at me. "What if you get killed," she asked.

"Mom I've already been through a lot, getting born into all this, almost dying and losing my baby. I want happiness again. I'm tired of living this sad sad sad horrible, miserable life. I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to get my husband." Her eyes widen with shock and I immediately get out of the house and get in my car.  I speed all the way to my house not caring about the f*king police.

When I arrived at my home, I quickly rushed out my car and the guards opened the front door for me making it easier for me to head to my room. Since I already took a shower this morning, I decided to braid my hair in cornrows and put on my pink lace frontal wig, my white v neck blouse and baby pink pants. I got my sunglasses, leaving the makeup from the funeral because it still looked bomb. I grabbed my Gucci suitcase and stuffed all my personal needs,toiletries, clothes, shoes, wigs, books and MacBook then packed it all neatly. I grabbed my purse and keys and walked out of the house.