40 pt 1

Miguel's POV

Imani took a pizza box for herself and smiled when she got the pepperoni one

Imani took a pizza box for herself and smiled when she got the pepperoni one. I watched her devour a piece and I took mine.

"I love tonight." I blurted out. Imani stopped eating her pizza and sat closer to me.

"I wish it could always be like this." I looked at her a little shocked and surprised. "What?" She asked.

"I love you." She looked at the floor and back to me.

"I know."

"No...you don't. When I say I love you...I'm not trying to make a simple conversation or make it a habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Awwww. Miguel. I don't know what to say. You're my everything." She eats her last pizza and I bring her close.

"You don't have to say anything, love. Just enjoy my praise."

*2 weeks later*

Imani's POV

"Oh God, help me now," Miguel said out of nowhere, throwing his phone away.

"What's going on with you? Are you okay?" He shook his head.

"My auntie, Ruth and her son are coming over." I zone out for a moment.

"Have I met this auntie?" He shook his head again.

"You know how we had that dinner before we got married?" I nodded my head. "Yeah, she was there. You were gonna meet her but we stayed in your room because...I wanted to just be with you."

"Is she that bad? Come on Miguel. She's your aunt." He sighs and rests his head on my thighs.

"She isn't the problem. Her son is. She's staying at my mom's old pent house but she might leave her son here." I nodded my head and looked around the room. I was too tired to function.

When did they have a penthouse and why is she leaving our home? I thought to myself.

"Since its only 3 pm, we should clean the house, don't you think?" I asked him since the maids weren't here.

"Sure. But I don't want you lifting anything or doing anything but the dishes." I roll my eyes at him.

"I'm only 4 weeks and 2 days, Miguel. I wanna do other stuff too."

"But I don't want you to get hurt." I place my hand on his cheeks and pinch them.

"I'll be fine. I have you. Remember?" He smiles at me and we both get up.

Miguel picked me up and spun me around. I screamed, asking him to put me back down. He ran downstairs with me over his shoulder. I was so scared, I was clinging onto him. He put me down and laughed to himself.