42

Miguel's POV

It was 3 am and I had just woken up from a nightmare. It was about Imani. I was covered in cold sweat and my clothes were soaked.

I sat up and picked my phone from the nightstand. I went to my contacts and called Imani straight away.

I know it was pretty stupid because she's probably asleep and getting better sleep without me but I just need her. I call her for the 5th time. She doesn't pick up and the phone goes to voice mail.

"Hey love? I need you. I just want you to be here." I send it and throw my phone on the bed.

I lay back down on the bed and close my eyes but I couldn't. Everytime I tried to close my eyes, the same scenes and images kept coming into my head.

I got out of bed and walked into the shower with Imani still on my mind. My nightmare felt so real that I just wanted her wrapped around my arms. I want her safe.

After taking a hot shower, I put on my sports outfit. Told the maids to take care of Miles for me and went out for a jog.

I started slowly and increased my speed. While running, Imani was still on my mind. Something about her in my nightmare was bothering me.

I stopped after 15 minutes of jogging to catch my breath. I started again and kept running. I felt the burn in my thighs but it was the only thing that would distract me from thinking about Imani.

I stopped when I felt someone watching me. My heart was beating so fast because I had no weapons on me. I'm so tired of being in the mafia.

I kept walking and then I heard footsteps following after me. I turned around and searched.

"Come out and show yourself," I shouted. "I can wait here all day. I don't mind." A man 6 ft tall stood in the dark area of the path

"Where is Imani?" The voice spoke. "If you don't tell me where she is, you'll regret it." The familiar voice spoke again. I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

"I'm not telling you where she is. Only I should know where my wife is." I respond.

"Stop playing with me. You'll get hurt." I growl at him.

"Look. You're the one who's gonna get hurt. You're too pussy to show yourself and hide in the dark. We aren't playing spot light. Show me who you are."

"I'm right here." He steps out of the dark and I notice that it's Damien. "Yeah you see me now."

He steps closer to me and punched me, knocking me to the ground. I never fall. Why now?

I get up then he punches my stomach continuously. My body become weak and there was no point in fighting back. I punched him back in the face. He got his gun and hit me on the head, causing me to fall back again .

I got up and punched him in the head. He shouted and I didn't stop. He pulled out his pocket knife and lightly cut the side of my throat. I took the knife and did the same to his neck.

He then pulled me down and kicked me in the stomach, making me throw up on the side of the path.

The pain was so unbearable.

"Rest in peace N•gga," he said spitting on me then leaving.

I slow tried to stand up but I couldn't. I thought Damien was over Imani. How did he even get this strong. I felt the blood running down my neck then making a stain on my shirt.

I got up after a few minutes. The roads looked blury but I knew I could find my way home. All I could think about right now is Imani. I cant let her see me like this and Miles is still home.