44

36 votes for next chapter bc im busy with exams and wont be available to write all the time.

Miguel's POV

3 days later...

"I'm sorry to tell you that your wife is still in a critical condition. We're not sure if she will wake up because it seems like everything is going from positive to negative," the nurse said to me as I sat in my chair.

I couldn't believe the news. I've lost my baby and now I'm losing her? The nurse left the room and I looked at Imani and sat in silence.

"Baby?" I touch her hand. "I need you here with me. We've lost too much and I don't wanna lose you." I draw circles around her palm. "I need you here Imani. You know that. You know that I cant live without you." I get up from my chair and kiss her on the forehead.

While I'm giving her a kiss, I get interupted by the door that swung open. I look up and see Israel who is mad furious.

"What are you doing to her? Get away," he said pushing me aside.

"Yo bro, what the fuck?" He raises a brow at me.

"What did you say?" He asks as he takes a step closer to me.

I repeat my self. "I said what the fück?" He grinds his teeth.

"You can't just approach me like that. I came to see my sister who you dont give a shit about. Can I see my sister? Go home or go fück somebody else. Just leave my sister alone." I shake my head.

"Woah. Nah. You shut the fück up." I pause and take a deep breath. "I get it ok? She's your sister but you don't have the fücking right to disrespect me like that just because I messed up with your sister once. She's my WIFE now and I love her. When you love someone you open up your heart. When you love someone, you fücking make some room. If you love someone and you're not afraid to lose them, you probably never loved someone like I do. If you're be here to see her, you got her but stop giving me bullsh!t." I get my phone, my keys and slam the door on him.

I walk out of the ward with my head high, feeling very refreshed. I've never spoke to Israel like that but I felt power doing it. He knows I wouldn't hurt Imani on purpose. All of the sudden I'm stopped by Dr. Youssef and Dr. Florentine.

"Mr. De La Cruz," Dr. Youssef said with a joyful look on his face. "Imani! She's awake!!." My heartbeat increased and I rushed back into the hospital. I took the elevator and reached her floor.

I enter the ward and she makes quick eye contact with me. I stumble slowly as I'm walking up to her.

The nurses and doctors leave just Imani and I in the room. She keeps her eyes on me and smiles softly. Damn I miss that smile.

"You're alive! Baby. I thought I was going to lose you. I almost cried everyday whenever they told me you wasn't gonna wake up." She smiles at me and slowly grabs my hand.

"I missed you too. Even all of the shit you do." She looks at me from top to bottom. "You look good." I take her hands and hold them.

"I dress up like this to please you. Do you remember anything from the crash?" I asked trying not to sound pushy.

"No. I just remember the gun shots, getting into the car and then everything went black."

"Don't worry. I'm here now and here to protect you." She yawns and keeps quiet. "Parents came to see you. Do you want me to call them and tell them you woke up?" She shook her head.

"I don't want to see any of them. I just don't want any visitors." I nodd.

"Ok baby, I'll be back." I walk to the door but she speaks.

"I feel sick." She touches her stomach and gasps. "Babe?" She looks at me. "I can't feel my pregnancy." She tries to get up from her bed. I quickly rush to her and put her down. "Miguel, let me go now." I shake my head.

"You can't get up. Youre not in a good condition." She lays back.

"The baby?" She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Did something happen to our baby?" She asked. I sighed and looked down.

"Imani, baby-" she cut me off.

"Just tell me what's going on!" She screams.

"Babe, I wanna tell you what's going on but-" she cuts me off again.

"But what? Hmm? What?" She remains silent.

"Imani...We uh. We-we lost the baby..." She gasped and held her chest. Tears started flowing from her eyes. I took her hand and squeezed it.

"Where did they take the baby?" She asked.

"I'm not sure baby. After the crash you had a lot of blood loss and the baby's heartbeat stopped before they could reach the hospital so you had surgery to remove the baby." I noticed my eyes getting watery.

"I can't-" she gets cut off Dr. Florentine walks into the room.

"Mrs. De La Cruz!" She shouts. "When did you wake up?"

"She woke up 10 mins ago," I respond. Imani laid in her bed looking lifeless.

"What exactly happened to my unborn child, Dr.?" Imani asked with anger in her tone. He looked at me and began to speak.

"You lost a huge amount blood in that crash Mrs. De La Cruz. We tried to save you and your baby but the baby's heartbeat stopped before we arrived at the hospital. I'm sorry for your loss." Imani shook her head and cried.

"Buh-but ww can try again right?" She asked. He looked at her and frowned.

"Mrs. De La Cruz, you just woke up and I think its best if we don't discuss this topic now. You can be at great risk of getting a heart attack." She shakes her head and sits up.

"This is my condition. I WANT to know and If you don't tell me what's going on, I swear I will tear this place up." I place my hand on Imani's shoulder to cool her down.

Dr. Florentine looks at Imani amd then me. I signal him to just tell her because she won't until she gets her answer.

"Mrs. De La Cruz, we scanned you after your surgery and the miscarriage really damaged your cervix and part of your reproductive system. We don't know if you will be able to have children after this. Your chances are pretty low. I'm sorry." Imani starts crying heavily.

"Baby, Imani? Please don't cry. We can try adopting?"

"No, I don't want to do that. I wanted to have a child that we could call our own." She takes a deep breath. " I'm barren."

What do y'all think about this chapter?
How does Imani feel?

Sorry it's been a minute since I updated. I was busy with my schoolwork and maths. Its hard liking numbers and writing at the same time. I also went out on a 7hr drive to this lovely place. After been in Australia for 10 years now, I've realised its not too bad. Thanks for being patient with me y'all and supporting me all the way through and yay, were over 72K I'm so glad. Thank you guys

Listen to Summer Walker's new ablum, Over it!