Problems in babysitting

Sonic and Tails were both unusually quiet as they walked down the street to the household of Team Chaotix. Their mission: to look after Charmy Bee and Cream the Rabbit while Vector and Vanilla when out on a date.

Don't get me wrong, they both absolutely LOVE the two little kids to bits. But, Charmy had his friend, Mike the Cat, over to play. Tails winced as he remembered how the young kitten had begged him for a 'helicopter' ride, only for the little kid to then squirm about, causing the young fox to fall to the floor, pulling one of his long fluffy tails

Sonic also remembered getting stuck in a tube slide in an attempt to avenge Tails, but Mike had tricked the Hedgehog into going down the slide only for him to get stuck.

Sonic also cringed at the embarrassing memory as the fire service then was called out to help get him out, everyone in the park probably watching. I was tortured in Space for six months, and nothing, NOTHING! Was as traumatic as that! Sonic thought to himself. That day had seriously done damage to his pride.

And then, they arrived at the house. "You ready?" Sonic asked. "Born ready!" Tails joked as they continued to knock on the door.

Sonic and Tails were both a little relieved to see Cream answer the door "Mr Sonic! Mr Tails! Please, come in! Mother is upstairs getting ready, so please just make yourself at home. We made Chilli Dogs for dinner because we know they're your favourite, Mr Sonic!" Cream excitedly said, gently grabbing both of their hands and leading them in. "Hi, Cream!" Sonic said. "Um... where's Mike and Charmy?" Asked Tails, a little nervously.

"Oh, those two? They are outside." Cream said. "Yes. And we've told them to be on their best behaviour this time!" Vector shouted from the kitchen. "But just in case of any 'mishaps', I've left a first aid box in here." "Oh, hey Vector!" Said Sonic in his usual happy tune.

"Yes. And I've brought Cream a spare change of clothes in case of any um... 'mishaps' as Vector put it. Came a familiar Warm-sounding voice from upstairs. Both Sonic and Tails heard Vector gasp as he saw Vanilla.

Vanilla was dressed up in a beautiful long red dress, with matching gloves that reached up to her elbows, and a necklace with red Rubies in it.

Vector was grinning like a friendly clown as he walked over to Vanilla. "M'lady." He said politely, "let's head out." He then looked Tails and Sonic in the eyes as he mouthed: "good luck!" To the both of them. Then, they were gone.

"Shall we eat then?" Cream asked before shouting: "Charmy! Mike! Dinner!" Tails, remembering last time, quickly held his tails up high as he heard the storm coming. Upon rushing in and seeing the blue hero, Mike grinned, immediately jumping onto Sonic's back, knocking him onto the floor. "Come on, hero of the world! Get up! Or are you too weak?" Mike teased. "I could easily get up, I just don't want to hurt you," Mike grumbled as he allowed Sonic to back up. "You're no fun." He rudely said, before grabbing a chilli dog and heading for the living room.

"Um... is he allowed to do that?" Tails asked, eyeing the beautifully clean living space. Charmy nodded. "Sure, Vector lets us do that all the time." He replied.

Half an hour later, and dinner was finished and was tidied away, Charmy and Mike decided to play Cowboys, whilst Cream settled down on the Sofa with Cheese and Chocola to watch a movie, How To Train Your Dragon. "I like Toothless, he's cute, but that massive dragon at the end is mean. He makes the other dragons do what he wants, and hurts them if not." Cream said.

At that moment, Mike accidentally knocked a glass of Chocolate Milk onto Cream. "Oh! My dress!" Cream cried. "It's ok. Your mum brought round a spare change. Let me help you out." Tails offered, leading Cream to the upstairs bathroom. But not before doing the "I'm watching you." Hand signals at the two young boys.

Tails waited outside the bathroom door whilst Cream got cleaned up and dressed into the adorable Dress that she had worn to the Tokyo Olympic Games.

Tails then jumped a little bit as what followed was just pure Chaos: "No! Don't do that! CHAO, CHAO! Yes! We got him! Cheese! Go get help... No! Please don't do that... OOOWWWW!..........."

Tails and Cream looked at each other before running down the stairs and into the living-room room to find Sonic sitting on the couch with his hands tied up and his legs Tied up, With Charmy with his stinger out. Sonic then looked at Tails, his face saying it all.

"What in the name of the seven emeralds..?" Tails asked. "We needed a hostage in our game," Charmy said proudly. Tails then looked at Sonic in disbelief that Sonic would let the two little kids get the better of him, who just shrugged in response. Tails then noticed that his Ruby Shard from around his neck was gone, and immediately glared at Mike. "Mike, give him it back. We told you not to take that from him." Mike did that annoyed groan that all kids in a bad mood do, and handed the small glowing shard to Tails, who then placed the charm like thing around his neck, the shard loosely hanging around where his vocal chords would be.

"Right. Let's get back to business. Charmy, did you STING Sonic?" Tails asked, "No, I didn't get the chance." Charmy said with a sad face. "So, what was that scream?" "Mike pulled my ear," Sonic replied, with an even more dramatic sad face.

"Ah boy, Sonic... You've been tortured for six months*, been shot in the heart, apparently*, 3rd degree burned both of your hands*, fell into Blaze's dimension and lost your memory*, was KILLED by Mephiles*, for Chao's sake, and that's what you hurt you?" Tails stated, deadpanning

"Well, when you put it that way, it sounds more dramatic then it actually might have been." Tails then looked at him disbelievingly, "What? I thought it was going to be pulled off." Sonic answered. "Ok," Tails rolled his eyes, trying to free his friend. "Wow! These are tied real tight!" Tails realized, "Why thank you," Mike said. "My mum taught me how to tie people up." "Mike, why?" Tails deadpanned yet again. "I dunno." The small kitten shrugged.

Tails struggled even more with the ropes. "It's no use," Sonic said. "They tied them really tight. Besides, I'm getting carpet burn."

Tails stared at his brother in absolute disbelief. "You big baby. Charmy, are there any scissors? maybe we could cut you free." Tails asked,
"We have some, but Vector hid them from me after I pretended that they were daggers while playing pirates," Charmy answered with pride.

"Of course," Tails said, rolling his eyes, suddenly remembering the first aid box in the kitchen, "hold on, don't go anywhere," he shouted, running off to the kitchen, and Sonic laughed sarcastically, "that was a joke, right? Please tell me that was a joke..." ignoring him, Tails took a look inside the box,
And sure enough, there was a pair of scissors in there.
Running back into the room, he quickly took the pair and cut the ropes loose, "thanks buddy," he then turned to the kitten, ready to throw hands, and Mike hissed wildly, Sonic growling under his breath back like the werewolf he could be*. Tails could tell that if he didn't do anything, this would pretty soon become a boss battle area. "Ok, Sonic. Let's just calm down here..." "this is the second time he's made a fool out of me,"
"I know, but, there's Cream and Charmy here, let's not make even more of a scene." Tails informed, and Sonic sighed, "yeah, you're right," he gave up, Mike laughing, yeah, that's right, you couldn't defeat me anyways, you're. Too. Weak." He taunted, "RIGHT, that's it!" Sonic launched himself at the cat, and Tails quickly grabbed his legs, pulling him to the floor.

At that moment, the door opened, and Sonic stood back up, immediately calm, and Tails went to open the door.

Before Vector and Vanilla came into the living space, Mike showed Sonic his middle finger, and the hedgehog responded by sticking his tongue out at him.

A new rivalry had begun

*Sonic Forces

*Sonic and the Secret Rings

*Sonic and the Tales of Terror.

*Sonic IDW (pretty sure it's issue 37)

*Sonic 06

*Sonic Unleashed/Sonic and the Tales of Terror