The amazing life of Silver

Silver raced down the streets super excited

Silver raced down the streets super excited. For once, he came to the past just to hang out with his friends, not just to save the future.

Sure, he loved his future, but it could get lonely. Yes, there was future Shadow to hang out with, but he respected that Shadow also needs his time alone*.

Seeing the familiar floating island, Silver was beaming ear to ear as he flew up to the small building, knocking loudly.

Hearing the knock, Sonic, who was sat reading because of the rainy weather, ran over to open it, surprised to find the light grey hedgehog stood there.
"Silver? What are you doing here?"

"I came to visit my friends in the past! I hope that this isn't bad timing."
"No, not at all... ahh!"
"Come on then!" Silver exclaimed as he pulled the blue out the door, "You've got to show me around Station Square!"
"But it's raining.." Sonic protested, unkeen to get wet.
"That doesn't matter! How can you not like the rain it's so refreshing!"

Valid point. I guess when you've grown up in a fiery apocalypse rain is a welcome treat. Sonic thought, agreeing to spend the day with his excited friend.
"Let's go to the park! Maybe they have icecream there!" The hedgehog exclaimed, the two rushing ahead.

And even though it was October, sure enough, there was an ice cream truck there.
"Ohh!" Silver almost squealed from excitement, "I'll have a chocolate sundae please! Sonic, do you I'm to want anything?"
"No thanks," he shivered, wishing Silver had given him time to get ready.

"Ok! Can we go to that big building with all the cool stuff inside. With that edgy shop Shadow likes? What's it called, Warm topic?" Silver excitedly yelled.
"You mean the shopping center?" Sonic questioned, Silver nodding so hard the blue was worried that he might give himself a concussion.

***

Sonic hadn't been in here since Summer, that day when Tails had needed some things, that day when Eggman asked Stone out.
Already he'd had to stop Silver from eating a bathbomb, taking all of the free samples, and from knocking over an entire display.

"Oh! Look over there!" He dragged Sonic over to a toy store, rushing inside, "Squishmellows!"
He continued to look at them, patting each one on the head, telling Sonic their names.

That was until another kid ran over, around the age of 13, also looking at the brightly colored stuffed animals.
"I like this one," they pointed out to their younger brother, who just laughed.
"Teddies? Really? Aren't you a bit old for those? They're for babies! Are you a baby? Because you act like one!" He laughed, the older sibling getting upset.

"That's it!" Silver shouted, using his powers to hold the kid in the air, his and this kid's eyes glowing white.
"Don't ever say that again!" Silver's voice was a lot more deeper and threatening then usual, "Anyone can enjoy Squishmellows! Do you understand?" The kid nodded, Silver dropping him on the floor.

"Ok," he turned back to Sonic, "I've finished now, I want this one!" He happily said, picking up a unicorn and running to pay for it, like anything had never happened.

Chaos sometimes I forget how powerful he can be.

Silver decided that he wanted food next, Sonic agreeing with that.
But when they got there, they found everyone turned to look at some teen stood on the fountain, holding a little kid over the water, and Sonic immediately recognized his face.

Mike.

"See? This is what happens when someone messes with the prince of sport!" He bellowed, poor Mike looking terrified.
"Please let me go! I didn't realize that it was your ball," the kitten pleaded, the teen tutting
"Doesn't matter,"

"Hey!" Sonic yelled, getting his attention, "don't you know I got a zero tolerance rate of bullies?"
"Huh?" The other kid looked up, "Oh, it's you. The hero or whatever they call you,"
"Put Mike down, now," Sonic threatened.
"Fine," the bully let the Möbian go, who ran off immediately.
"Thanks Ghost!" He yelled across to the blue, who was confused as to why he had been called that.

"Ok, Silver. Let's go find a table and then we'll order foo.. Ah!" Sonic fell flat on his face as the teen had stuck out his hockey stick to trip over the hedgehog.
"Oh dear," Silver simply said, holding his hand out for Sonic, "You ok?"
Sonic nodded, turning back to the bully, who laughed, "That's right. It still stands, don't mess with me, or next time you'll get the shoes," he showed them his soccer shoes.
"Gah! He's got cleats!" Sonic played along, rushing Silver to their table.

"Phew. Glad we could get away from that gu.."
"Hey!"
"No.."

"I wasn't finished with you," the teen yelled.
"Ok, you're really pushing my patience now," Sonic got up from his seat, "Why won't you leave us alone?"

"Because it's fun to mess with people." He laughed, "Especially those who carry around a stuffed animal," he pointed at Silver with his new Squishmellow, who looked offended.
"That's really it now!" Sonic yelled back, "No one hurts my friends," he rushed towards the teen, just to shove him a little to show him to to mess with his friends again.

But the kid kicked him.

Now, let's not forget that he was wearing his cleats.

"Ouch," Sonic quietly said, trying not to make a scene, "ow, ouch,"
"Ok, look kid," he sighed as he whispered threateningly to the teen, "You got lucky this time. But just go now, you won,"
The kid only raised an eyebrow, and the blue sighed again, "Fine," he dramatically fell to the floor.
"Ahhhh! Oh no! This kid defeated me in battle, I'm down!"
Satisfied, the kid left, boasting about what had happened.

"Sonic! Are you ok? Oh, I know! We have to get you to a doctor," Silver felt proud with himself, but Sonic just shook his head.
"No, Silver. I'm fine, that was just an act."
"No, no, nope," Silver convinced, picking him up like a baby, "I know what you're like, we're going now!"
"But we didn't have food yet!" Sonic protested, but Silver wasn't giving up.

Is food to much to ask for?

*Shadow is immortal, so is probably still alive in Silver's future