Mike Wars

TW: use of one swear word
(right at the end)

On one cold day in late January, Sonic had agreed to a picnic in the local Station Square park with Vector & Co.
Vector was now officially dating Vanilla. In fact, it was Vanilla who had organized the entire picnic.

Amy was also coming, being fond friends with Vanilla and her daughter, Cream.

Speak of the dark Gaia, here they were.

  Vector and Vanilla walked up to the two stood close to a large tree.
(Of course Tails has tagged along)

Charmy, Cream and Cheese were running rings around poor Vector. And a new face, who then ran over to the tree.

  He was a young grey cat, and started to introduce himself to the others: "hey, I'm Mike! Charmy's best friend! I've heard so much about you guys! You're literally all heroes!"

"Thanks I guess," Sonic replied, Hmm. This kid doesn't seem bad...

"Achoo!" Mike sneezed right all over Sonic, not even bothering to cover.
Scratch that.
"Oof, that was a wild one!" The kitten exclaimed, "I just had a real nasty case of flu, so now you probably have it too!"

"Hey, Mike!" Charmy ran up to his friend, wanting him to come play, Sonic relieved.

Meanwhile, Vector walked over to one of the benches, placing the picnic blanket over the dirty table-top. Like I mentioned, it was January, so it was freezing. Sonic was wearing
his red scarf, and he was sure that it was concealing his interesting gemstone.

The hedgehog and fox sat down on the seats, and Vanilla brought out a massive flask, as well as a few mugs. "Would you boys like some hot coco? It's freezing out here."
Nodding, Sonic heard a voice behind him.
"SONIIIC!!"
"No,"
To late, a flash of pink has knocked him to the ground, hugging him tightly, "Oh, Sonic! Do you know what it is soon? Valentines Day! Will you take me out?"
"No,"
"Oh Sonic!" Amy huffed, letting him get up, "Just gimme a break already!" She then noticed the new broken gem.
"Oh Sonic! I never knew tat you was one for things like that! Where was it from... oh..." she remembered what Tails has said to her just a few days ago, and blushed.
"It looks good on you," she finally said after a long silence.

After a while, Mike returned to the table. "Is food ready?" He impolitely asked, and Vanilla shook her head. "You guys are so slow," he then eyed Tails, staring straight down to his soul.
"Um... Sonic? Why is he staring at me like that..?"

"Helicopter ride," Mike finally smirked.

"Huh?"

"I want you to gimme a helicopter ride," he repeated, "Now,"
Tails knew at that moment that there was no way out of it, so he hesitantly agreed.

But Mike wiggled a lot, causing Tails to fall to the ground, along with Mike, the two going head over heels before finally stopping.
"Tails!" Sonic yelled, rushing to him, scared that he was hurt.
"I'm ok!" Mike informed, but nobody was listening, instead, their focus was on Tails.
"Tails? You ok buddy?" Sonic asked the dazed fox.
"Huh? I don't know. One of my tails hurts a bit,"
"Right! That's it!" Sonic snapped, turning his head round to face Mike.
"Oops," Mike commented, bolting for the play park.
"No you don't!" Sonic rushed after him, up the stairs to the slide, where the naughty kitten was sat, staring.
But when Sonic lunged for him, he bolted down the slide, Sonic following.

Except Sonic didn't fit due to his quills, and ended up getting stuck halfway down.
Reaching the bottom, Mile looked up and saw him stuck there, starting to laugh hysterically.
"Haha! Yes, my master plan worked!" He yelled, running off.

Of course Vanilla noticed the hedgehog's disappearance, and questioned Mike. "Stuck down a slide. I dunno." He just shrugged, returning to Charmy and Cream.
"What?" She questioned, "Vector, go check the slide please. I can't leave Tails alone."

Looking up the slide, Vector almost chocked on air, trying not to laugh. Sure enough, there was Sonic, wedged tightly in the slide, looking all embarrassed.
"Ain't no way kid, ain't no way!"
"What?" Sonic heard Tails voice in the background.
"You're friend's stuck up the slide!" Vector shouted.
"The heck?!" Rushing over, Tails looked up the metal tube.
"Hey,"
"Hello up there,"
"You feeling better now?"
"Yep! Vanilla said that it's probably just sprained,"
"I'll kill that cat for you,"
"I don't think that's legal,"

"Hey, kiddo," Vector's head also appeared, "I'm going to try to get you out, stay calm,"
"I'm already calm," Sonic sarcastically told as Vector grabbed his arms, pulling.
"Ow, ow, ow! Hey, are you trying to pull my arms off?"
"That's it," Vector decided, "I'm gonna go call the fire service,"
"Please don't, I'm sure I can just live here." Sonic protested.
"No, you can't," Tails sighed.

And so, Vector called the fire service. And within ten minutes, they was there, one of them appearing at the bottom of the slide, "Hey, you ok up there bud?" He too, found it hard not to laugh at the sight of the hero helplessly stuck.
"Bit claustrophobic." Came the echoing response.
"Okay," he turned to the other firefighters, "Go get the (I forgot what they're called but basically giant scissors) we'll have to cut the slide open,"
I didn't take long after that that it was cut away, leaving an opening just big enough for the leader to reach in and lift the Möbian out.
"We don't mention this. Ever." Sonic informed, "but thanks. I appreciate not being stuck in a slide." He gave them a nod before noticing one of them excitedly holding a phone.
"You want a picture, don't you," He signed, and he nodded excitedly.

Mike had started to notice Tails glaring daggers, and had decided that that was his cue to get out of there.
But that wouldn't be the last the Sonic would see of the cat.

After the firefighters was done with their photos with the blue hero, he ran over to Tails, "And now that that's all over, how actually are you buddy?"
The cub shrugged, "Ok I guess. Who even was that kid?"
"I don't kn...AcHoOo!!... oof... well, that's either my sixth sense, of that was that kid passing his flu to me. Either way, I'm ready for some food," he turned back to the table, and to his complete and utter shock, there was none left,
"Oh, well. You see..." Vector started guilty.
"We ate it all," Espio finished, not even giving a shit.

Sonic couldn't believe it. They'd eaten all the food, and not left a single crumb. "NOOOOOOO!! This can't be happening!"