Heatwave

"Whew," Sonic wiped some sweat from his brow, and even he found himself gasping for breath.
He'd just stopped Eggman, yet again, from destroying a city block. But that day was extremely hot, about 45° (Celsius).

"Hey, are you ok there?" Someone had ran other to him, concerned that he might be over heating. Looking up, Sonic saw that they was one of the medics that was already on the scene when they got there, just in case there was any casualties.
"I'm fine, really. Just warm, that's all,"

"Well, if you say so," regardless, she handed him some water, and he gratefully took it. "I will give you some advice though. Don't run today. That could be really bad,"
Sonic put his thumbs up before spotting Tails and walking over to him. He looked just as hot and bothered as he did.

"I'm heading to the park. They'll probably have an ice cream truck there," Tails explained as he started to walk of towards said park. Deciding that that is a good idea, he followed his brother towards the park, where sure enough, there was a ice cream van with a large line of people.

Who could blame them? It was rather hot today.

Not to their surprise, Vector & co. where also in the cue. After spotting the duo, Cream smiled and ran over, "Mr. Sonic! Mr. Tails! Did you come to get ice cream too?"

"Oh hey kids! Guess where we're headed? To the swimming pool! Care to come with us?" Vector greeted with is usual friendly but gruff voice.

"OhIdontknowaboutthatwevegotthingstodoand..."

"We'd love to!" Tails finished, just as the group reached the front of cue.

Oh boy here we go again, Sonic thought to himself.

Later, at the local pool, Tails was trying his hardest to get Sonic to come in. "Come on Sonic! It's really not that bad. It's not even a foot deep here." He then took hid friend by the hand, gently pulling him in.

"No! Stop! Don't Make me! What did I do to deserve this?"

"Come on now, you're making a scene. You gotta learn to swim at some point!" Tails protested.

"I. Don't. Want. To. Oh I just thought. I need to use the restroom," Sonic was trying anything to get out of this.

"No, you don't," The fox sighed, "You've already been three times. If you really don't want to do this.."

"And I really don't"

"If you really don't want to do this, then you don't have to. But at least stay here. It's cooler then outside." Tails decided, realizing that Sonic wasn't about to give in. He then left Sonic and went to join the others.

Hmmm.. Sonic thought hard, wondering what to do. There wasn't much to do here other then water sports, and Sonic and Water didn't exactly mix.

Perhaps a run wouldn't hurt. Just a small one. He waited for a while, knowing that Tails was probably watching him, Besides, I've got my phone. If something does go wrong, then I can just give Tails a call.

And so, he ran off. Not a long one, even he knew that that was a bad idea. Just up the mountains, and then back down. Just enough time that Tails wouldn't even notice that he was missing.

But even after the warnings, Sonic wondered why he felt so out of breath when he reached the top, wishing that he actually had some water with him.

"I'm just going to rest here for a second. I'll still have plenty of time to get back," he said to no one in particular, laying by a tree.

But of course he fell asleep, only to be disturbed by the noisy ringtone. "Oh no I fell asleep! It's Tails as well!" In a rush and panic, he dropped it down a crevice.

"Dang!" He cursed reaching his left arm down to reach it.

That probably wasn't the smartest idea he's had, and he found his arm wedged in-between the gaps.

"Well that's no good" Trying to pull it out, it was obvious that it was no use. "Great. I guess I'll just have to wait here. For someone to find me. In the boiling sun. Yayyyy..."

"Ok kids I think that means it's time to go," Vector loudly announced after hearing one of the lifeguards blow their whistle.

"Ahhhh.." Charmy complained, but nonetheless, obeyed.

"Ok," Tails shook a bit of the water of himself, "I guess that I'll go find Sonic then," But of course, the azure hedgehog was nowhere to be seen.

"Sonic? Where are you? Come on, stop playing games," Tails finally gave in and returned to the group, who where not at all surprised to find that he was gone.

"You did realise that he'd run off, right?" The young bee questioned, and Tails shook his head. He should have really known. Sonic never stays put when told to.

"We've got to find him!" Tails panicked, "What if he's hurt, or worse?" He knew how reckless his brother could be at times.

"Oh no!" Cream exclaimed sadly, "I hope that Mr Sonic is ok!"

"Ok, ok kiddo. Calm down," Vector chuckled nervously, "Let's think about this for a second before we also run off. He has his phone, right?" Tails nodded. "Then phone him, if I know Sonic, he's probably fallen asleep somewhere,"

But of course there was no answer, but Tails had a plan 2. "I know, I can just check his location," he informed the others opening an app, "There, he's up on the mountain," Tails breathed a sigh of relief. Now, they just had to find him.

Sonic shifted his weight a bit. Just sitting there with an arm stuck in the ground was rather uncomfortable, and he was beginning to feel rather stupid. He just hoped that someone would come find him soon.

Fortunately, he didn't have all to long to wait; He had heard Tails in the distance shouting his name. "Tails? Is that you? I'm over here buddy!"

"Sonic?" The fox appeared over the horizon, followed closely by Cream the Rabbit. "There you are!" He noticed Sonic's situation and faceplanted, "Sonic, how. The HECK. Did you manage that?"

"Well, you see, I dropped my phone down there, and as you can see, I may have gotten myself stuck," He admitted, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh, are you ok Mr Sonic?" Cream asked with worry in her voice.

"I'm fine, don't worry," it was at that moment that the rest of the group came rushing over, and once seeing the situation, Vector could not control his laughter.

"Tails, care to get me out of here? Please?" Sonic asked, the cub nodding, grabbing Sonic's stuck arm his his two hands, pulling. "Ouch," The blue shouted, but he was free. But his arm was aching a lot and covered in scratches. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you stick you arms down tiny gaps.

"You an be a dumb-dumb at times, you know that right?" Tails playfully scolded, and Sonic chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, I know. Thanks for having my back."

"Come on, let's head back to mine," Vanilla offered, "I'll make us some tea and we'll have some cakes, and I'll get that cleaned and dressed for you," She nodded at Sonic's scuffed up arm.

"Yeah, that would be good," Sonic agreed, and the group followed Vanilla back to her place.