The Halloween Oneshot

"Hey Tails, have you seen my thingie?" Sonic shouted from his room, going through a few draws

Tails sighed, coming into the room, "No, Sonic. You're going to have to elaborate on what a 'thingie' is,"
"My, you know, my thing," he pointed to his wrist, "the round thing,"
"Do you mean that necklace that Light Gaia gave you?" Tails huffed.
"His name is Chip and you know it, you're just salty," Sonic responded with, "and yes, that."

"And it's Halloween tonight," Sonic announced, Tails deadpanning.
"Wow. Well done Sherlock,"
"No," Sonic sighed, "What I mean is, Vanilla and Vector was hosting a party, and we was invited," Sonic explained, "and it starts in an hour. If I can't find it, I'm just going to have to leave it."

***

An hour did pass, and Sonic still has not found the small item, and so he had to abandon his search.
"It's fine, we'll find it when we get back," Tails told him at the party, noticing his friend clutching his stomach, "are you ok?"
"I'm fine. Just a small ache, that's all," he grimaced, Tails wasn't all to convinced.
It's funny how Cream always seems to overhear stuff when it involves Sonic being in distress, because she appeared a few seconds later, in her little witch costume.
"Is mr. Sonic ok?" She asked.
"I'm ok Cream. Probably just tired," he responded in a voice that, to Cream, definitely seemed pained.
"Come with me," she led him to the couch, "lay down on there before someone takes it up, I'll be back in a second,"
Tails had left to go get some food, leaving Sonic alone. Chaos. What's wrong with me this time. Maybe it's something I ate?

Cream returned with Vanilla, "Ok, what's wrong?" She also noticed how uncomfortable he seemed, "Wow, you really are unlucky," She felt his stomach, pulling back when he winced.
"I don't know what's wrong, perhaps you should go see a doctor," Vanilla started to say, but Sonic only responded with a yell, crawling onto the floor.
"Ok, forget that, I'm phoning an ambulance!"

By now, everyone had turned to look at their friend on the floor, screaming in agony.
Cream looked a little closer
Was he, getting bigger?

He most certainly was, everyone looking in astonishment as he started to grow claws, his teeth become sharpened knives, and his fur turn a deep marine blue.

Suddenly, he stood up like nothing had ever happened, looking around at the whole party starting at him.
"What?" He asked in a deeper and gruffer voice.

"Damn.." Rouge commented, "Either that testosterone just hit you, or.."
"Huh?" Sonic looked at himself in the mirror, seeing a werewolf grin back, "Ahh! No! Uh.. um.. you never saw a thing!" He then dashed out the house on all fours, leaving the crowd wondering what in the world they had just experienced.

Tails ran after him, "Sonic, wait.." he was gone.
"Tails, care to explain what in the world just happened to your friend?" Shadow asked his cat, Maria, meowing with worry.
"He's a werewolf, ok?" Tails told them all, "We thought that after Dark Gaia was sealed away that was it. But it wasn't. He still turns into it when there's Dark Gaia Minions about,"*
"But there's none about, just kids trick or treating," Amy realized, Tails thinking hard.
"Sweet chaos that's why Light Gaia had him his necklace. It's filled with Light Gaia energy, so it prevents him from ever turning. He lost it, that must be why he's turned into it,"
"What about if half of us go look for it, and the others go look for Sonic?" Tangle suggested, everyone agreeing.
"Ok," Tails decided, "You, Whisper, Espio, Vector, Knuckles, Silver and Blaze go look for the necklace, me, Vanilla, Cream, Charmy, Amy, Shadow and Rouge will go look for Sonic,"

The parties split up, Tails rushing ahead, dodging all of the kids out on the streets, enjoying the early evening, "Sonic! Where are you?"
They looked around a few blocks, no sign of him, "He's not even that fast as a werewolf, I'm surprised he's got this far without needing to stop," Tails explained as they entered the park.
"If I know Blue, he's probably come here," Rouge announced, flying higher to see if she could see the transformed Möbian, "I've also contacted Wave, she said that she'll help look," Rouge added as she landed next time them.

"Hm. Faker, get out here right now or I'll give you something to be scared of," Shadow yelled, still no response.
"Meow?" Maria asked, Shadow looking down and smiling at the grown Kitten in his arms, "It's ok, I do not mean that," he tried to stroke the black and white fluffy cat, but she jumped out of his arms and bolted for the forest.
"MARIA!" Shadow shouted, going after her.
"Wait mr. Shadow I'll come as well!" Cream yelled, and Cheese followed her.
"I'll come too!" Vanilla called after them, worried about her daughter.

"Well, since they went in that direction, we'll go this way," Tails decided again, the rest following.
"I hope he find him soon, it's really cold and dark," Amy said with worry in her voice.
"Don't think about it too much. As a werewolf, he has really think fur so I'm sure he's just fine," Tails laughed nervously, trying to convince himself.

"Maria! Where did you go?" Shadow called after the cat.
"Ps Ps Ps, here miss Maria!" Cream called, spotting a small shape sat on a log, "Oh! They're you are, kitty cat! Mr. Shadow missed you!"
"Meow?" Maria asked again, disappearing behind a tree.
"No, not again!"
"Sh!" Cream heard a voice from behind the tree, "don't let them hear us,"
"Hello?" Cream asked, peering round the tree, gasping when she saw a dark creature starring back at her before recognizing those eyes.
"Yay! I found you mr. Sonic!" She ran up to the werewolf and hugged him, "Why did you run off?"
Shadow and Vanilla came round the corner.
"Hm. What you hiding behind that tree for? You scared?" Shadow smirked.
"Wha.. me? No! I'm just.. it's just.." Sonic stopped a bit, "look at me Shadow! I'm a monster! A massive, hairy, terrifying looking werewolf. I didn't what to scare anyone,"

"Well, Maria most certainly doesn't seem scared," the cat had climbed onto his shoulder, purring.
"Besides, tonight is Halloween. I doubt that no one will even notice a thing," Vanilla convinced, and Sonic nodded.
"I'll let the others know where we are," Shadow started typing on his phone.

A few minutes later, and Tails and the others came running over.
"Sonic! Thank goodness we found you," Tails didn't hesitate to get straight to the point, "Ok, so we know why you've transformed tonight. It turns out that the bracelet that was given to you by Light Gaia is filled with light energy, and it prevents you from transforming,"
"So you're telling me that this whole time I've been a werewolf? I don't know if I'm horrified or excited, or both," Sonic thought about it.

"Well, either way, let's go back to the party. Trust me, everyone understands, nobody's scared of you, I promise," Tails held out his hand for him to hold, Sonic smirking, taking it.

***

"Mr. Sonic I think that you look amazing for a Halloween party!" Cream explained as the large group walked around tue streets, stopping at houses to let the younger members trick-or-treat there.

"Oh, hello!" An elderly woman opened the door, "what do we have here then? Oh! A witch, a pirate, and a.." she raised an eyebrow at Silver.
"I'm Saiki K. Because he's a physic like me!" Silver announced proudly.

"Ok.. but how old are you..?"
"Just, give him some candy." Vector quickly interrupted, coming through the gate with Sonic, "He never got to do this as a kid."

"Oh my! And a puppy as well? Would the dog like a treat? Perhaps a cat treat? I'm sure that mittens won't mind." The woman asked.
"No." Sonic simply answered, "but I'll also take some of the candy,"

"Um... sure." She just simply held out the bucket and let the 'puppy' choose something before retreating inside and locking her doors.
Boy, these kids.

"Look at how much candy I got!" Silver announced, showing everyone his bag.
Sonic looked at his bracelet. It had been found under his bed, but he wouldn't be able to fit it back onto his hand until he de-transformed.

Eh, that doesn't really matter. At least Maria seems to like me now!

He spoke to soon, the cat suddenly decided to have beef with the one that saved her from becoming road kill before, and launched herself at his face

Scratch that

Sonic and the Tales of Terror, Hunt of the Werehog