This is why I have Trust Issues...

"I'm ready to face Infinite," Sonic announced as he came down the stairs, earning a raised eyebrow from Vanilla

"Are you sure? Just yesterday you was shaking after seeing him," Vanilla questioned, but Sonic just shook his head.
"But this time, I have a plan," he said, leaving without another word.

***

"Tails? You in there buddy?" Sonic knocked loudly on the door at the house on Angel Island, the little fox appearing a few seconds later.
"Finally, you decided to come back,"
"Yeah.. um.. I decided to face Infinite," Sonic started, "I've got an idea, but it's going to need the Chaos Emeralds,"
"Sonic,"
"I have one in my room.."
"Sonic,"
"..and I think that Shadow has a few but I need you to help me find the others and..."

"SONIC!" Tails interrupted, sighing, "I'm with everyone else on this one,"

"Huh?" Sonic's eyes shrunk, not believing what he was hearing, "what do you mean?"

"I.. don't think Infinite was there," Tails began, "I think that you was seeing things,"

"You think I'm crazy?" Sonic's ears lowered.

"No.. I.. just.." Tails tried to think of a reason
"Oh no, I know how this story goes. I've heard it enough. This is just like how you don't believe me when I told you about Merlina and Caliburn, or about the Arabian Nights," Sonic told him, backing away.
"But if you don't believe me, I'll just find someone else. Thanks for having my back no matter what," and with that, he was gone in a blur.

***

"Of course Rouge would also think I've lost it with her working for the G.U.N." Sonic told himself as he rushed to the next person.

But they all had the same answer, Sonic feeling more and more betrayed with each one.
Knuckles, Tangle, Rouge, all these people I used to be able to trust. He turned into the park, the weather rainy, They all think I'm crazy! I'm not. I'm not.

"I'm not!"

"Of course not," a familiar voice came from behind him, Sonic turning suddenly.
"You," he growled, "what do you want?" He saw Infinite stood there menacingly.
"No fear?" He laughed, taunting him.

"I'm not scared of you," Sonic sneered, turning away.
"Oh really? Then what was all that about back in summer? Don't act like I didn't see it," Infinite told him, Sonic stopping in his tracks.
"Why can't they see you?" Sonic let a few tears roll down his face.

"Oh, so you are breaking down again," Infinite didn't stop taunting, "Maybe I am just a figment of your imagination, who knows?"

"You know!" Sonic yelled, turning back to him, "You've gotta tell them that I'm not losing my mind!"

By now, everyone in the busy park had turned to look at the hero shouting at nothing.

"Ok, little guy, that's enough now," a security officer put a hand on his shoulder, making him jump.
"Officer?" He asked, before sighing, "Can you help? This jackal won't leave me alone,"
"There's no one there," the officer told him, Sonic snapping his head back round to Infinite.

Sure enough, he was gone.

"You've gotta believe me!" Sonic practically begged, "He was here! I promise! Infinite. was. here!"
"Ok, look kid," the man sighed, "I can see you're pretty worked up. Why don't we go back to the station, and I'll call Tails. He must be worried sick about you with you condition,"

"No! I'm not going anywhere! And what do you mean by 'condition'?" Sonic questioned.
"Well, you've been seeing things. Tails told us all about what you saw, and told us to keep and eye out on you," he admitted,

"He really does think that I have lost it, huh?" Sonic realized, "but I know what I saw! I'm not crazy! I'll say it again! I'm. Not. Crazy."
"Ok, look. If you don't cooperate, we're going to have to take you by force," the officer started to reach for something in his belt, giving Sonic the chance to get away.

But people was gathered round watching, and they all tried to stop him, some even trying to grab him.
He easily dodged them all, rushing out of the park to the only safe place he knew now.

***

"Was that the door?" Vanilla wondered, "Charmy, be a dear and go answer it,"
"Yes ma'am," he quickly opened the door, seeing Sonic stood there, "Um, Sonic's here, and he looks pretty upset,"

"What?" Vanilla rushed to the door as soon as she heard that it was Sonic.

Sure enough, he was stood in the rain, glancing quickly at her. He was soaking wet, and it looks like he'd slipped a few times,"
"Oh my. What happened? Did you find Infinite?" Vanilla questioned, "Also, take you shoes off, they're too muddy,"

"Yeah. Or at least I think that I did? I don't know anymore," he shivered, Vanilla putting a blanket down on the couch before he sat on it.
"My number one rule is no wet couches. It ruins the fabric," Vanilla explained as she draped a towel around his shoulders before rushing to the kitchen.

"Did you defeat him Sonic?" Cream wondered.
"No," Sonic sighed. "But how do I even know that he's real, Cream? What if I'm actually losing my mind?" He started hyperventilating.

Vanilla reappeared with a cup of hot chocolate, putting it on the table next to the blue.
"Ok. Just breathe, it's ok," Vanilla tried to calm him down.

"No, it's not! My friends turned their backs in me, I'm seeing things, and the police tried to arrest me for it! I thought that they would help, but noo! Everyone tells you that you're the greatest, that you're their hero, but as soon as you turn, as soon as you're the one with the problem, they hate us!" Sonic explained during deep breathes, whist hardly breathing at the same time.

His fur had started to darken, but only Cream seemed to notice.
Just like the dream

"Hey, look at me!" Vanilla almost ordered, "You're not crazy! Even if Infinite is just your mind playing tricks, it's still hurting you." She took his hand, "Breathe, ok? Count to ten, deep breaths, whatever works best for you," she encouraged.

"I feel so stupid," he stated, "I keep going round in circles. I think that it gets better, and then it gets worse. Heck, I'm sure that I've had that conversation,"

"It's fine, Sonic. I've been there," Vanilla stopped him, "I didn't exactly get straight back on my feet after my husband-to-be died. Like I've said before, These things take time,"

Sonic nodded, not really sure what to say. He wasn't even sure if he could say anything

Vanilla smiled at him, "Just know, you're not crazy, and you always have my support."