Hate? That's no good!

Language, transphobia & deliberate misgendering, bullying
At one point, a character says a hateful slur, which I have starred out for obvious reasons

Amy skipped happily up the stone stairs to the house on Angel Island. Today was the day her and Sonic had planned to hang out, and she had been looking forward to it.

"Hey Tails!" She greeted cheerfully as the young kit opened the door.
"Is Sonic here?"
"Yeah.. but he hasn't come out of his room all day, not even for lunch,"
Amy didn't even wait to rush up the stairs to the balcony, knocking on Sonic's door.
"Sonic? Are you ok in there? Your not hurt or sick or anything, are you?"

There was a slight mumble behind the door, the two looking at each other in concern.
Amy opened the door, peeking her head round, surprised to find him sat in his bed, earphones in listening to something.

"Can I come in?" She asked, Sonic nodding and she walked to the bed and sat on it.
"What's going on?"
"Wha..? Nothing.. I'm.. just chilling, that's all," he smiled slightly, but Amy shook her head.
"No, no. There's definitely something wrong. What happened?"

"It's embarrassing," Sonic admitted, handing his phone over, it being open on a Instagram DM

Girl

?

You'll always be a girl

plz lesve me alone

No, wake up you
delusional piece of
shit

Why don'y you
go toich some grass?

Amy continued to scroll through more of the troll's DM, shocked at the amount of harassment and bullying.
"Oh, Sonic!" Amy eventually said, closing the phone, "I don't know what to say, that's horrible! I can't believe that someone would say all that!"
"A lot of the time I wake up to all sorts of comments. 'T' this, 'R' that.   

"Why don't you just block them?" Amy questioned.
"Oh trust me, I've tried. But when you're world-wide famous, and everyone knows you, it's hard," he stopped for a bit, "Sometimes I wish that I wasn't the hero,"

"Oh," Amy quietly said, "Well, are you still up for today?"
"Of course," Sonic grinned, jumping of the bed. He had promised Amy, and he would never break a promise to someone. Besides, he'd been looking forwards to it.

***

"I thought that we'd go to this new ice cream parlor, if that's okay?" Amy asked.
"Anything's fine with me," Sonic replied with, which was true. He never seemed to mind doing whatever his friends wanted to do.

Sitting down at the table, Amy brought up the subject again.
"So, what are you going to do about it?" She asked, generally concerned at the amount of hate.

Sonic just shrugged, "Heh. Not much I guess. I didn't even want the app to begin with," he admitted, "Did you just bite your ice cream?"

"Yeah. I don't mind," she laughed, watching her friend's face.

"Well. Would you look who it is?" Sonic heard a familiar voice behind him, one that belonged to a certain green hawk.
"No," Sonic whispered before turning around to find Jet right in his face.
"What are you doing here?! You here for a rematch!" He yelled.
"No Jet. I'm just getting ice cream," Sonic deadpanned, "We just happened to be in the same place,"