Shadow: Safety Check

"No way he actually got a new job," Sonic laughed, and Tails nodded.
"Yeah. He said that he'd had enough of GUN, so he quit." Tails responded with, making the blue laugh even more.
"What's he doing now then? Finally opened his dream cat shelter?"
"Actually, no. He's working up at the ER. Makes sense with what he was created for I guess." The kitsune explained, and Sonic immediately stopped laughing.
"Oh. So that means that if something ever happens to me..."
"Chances are Shadow's gonna see it." Tails finished, "So, yes. You better be careful from now on."

That was when they both jumped due to a booming knock on the door. A knock so loud and aggressive it could only be one person.
Shadow himself.
"Go open it," Tails ordered.
"Why me?"
"Just do it."
"Ugh, fine," Groaning, Sonic walked over to the door, and opened it, "What do you want, Shads?"

Looking around a bit, he entered the building, ignoring the look on Sonic's face.

"You looking for that 'dang' fourth chaos emerald?" Sonic joked, Shadow glaring at him. "It's 'damn' he corrected.
"Fine. 'Damn' Whatever. That still doesn't answer my question though." Sonic argued.
"I got a job at the ER. Why? Because Maria wanted me to help others, and this is the way. I will fulfill Maria's dying wish. She will be avenged!" Shadow droned.

Ok, that kinda made sense, and so Sonic nodded. "Ok... so... why are you round here then...?"

"Because I was looking at the records of patients, and you have been there. A lot. As in, everyone who works there knows you."
Sonic smirked a bit, "Well, of course they know me, I'm their hero after all..."
Ignoring him, Shadow went on, "Incidents including, breaking bones, getting stuck in traps, falling down cliffs, coming in with blood dripping to the floor, nose being damaged due to a chao, being attacked by a whole swarm of bees, the list goes on."

Sonic put his hand up to motion him to stop, "Hey, in my defense, I'm allergic to wasp stings. And I fight villains on a daily basis. Do you really think that I go un-injured every time?"
Tails raised a brow at him, "falling down cliffs, Sonic. What happened? Did Eggman yeet you down there?" He chuckled, earning a sigh from Sonic.
"Alright fine, maybe I am a bit accident-prone."
"A bit?" Tails squeaked.

"But this still doesn't answer my question. "What are you doing here, Shadow?"
"Well, I figured that this house might not be the safest. I have come to do a safety check."

Sonic deadpanned a bit at him, "You can't be serious. He can't be serious." He turned towards Tails for support.
"Well, a safety check might not be too bad." Tails made his mind up, following the hedgehog up the stairs.

There wasn't a great deal up there, just two bedrooms and a restroom with a bath. Going inside the first room, Sonic panicked a bit, remembering what he had hung up the other day. His Aro/Ace Pride Flag. And he hadn't told Shadow.

Too late.

He'd already entered the room and of course his eyes were drawn to the bright colors of blue and orange. He stared at it a few seconds before finally speaking. "Rouge has something like that, except it's blue, pink, and purple." He then left the room, continuing his careful search.

"Hmm. This is a deep bath." He informed, examining inside the large tub, "Could be a hazard, especially since you're a faker and can't swim."

"Thank you so much for bringing that up." Sonic sighed, following him down the stairs. "This is so pointless," he whispered to Tails, who sighed at his friend.
"I know. But let Shadow do his thing. You know how stubborn he is."

Walking into the kitchen, Shadow gasped. "What's wrong?" Sonic asked, half sarcastically, half actually curious.
"This coffee is decaf. Why would you do that?"
Tails laughed, whilst sighing at this same time. "Because of Sonic. Put it this way: Sonic have caffeine, his energy go brrrrr..."

Sonic stared a little at Tails, "Wait, it's decaf?"
Tails smirked a little, "always has been."

"Very well," Shadow then moved into the area. The downstairs of the house itself was all open plan, the building also being round, like most typical traditional Möbian homes. Shadow started going through their Movie collection, generally curious.
Hmm. A lot of Chao in Space. At least they have good taste in movies. He then noticed all the DC movies. Scratch that.
Shadow had always been more of a Marvel person, whereas Sonic preferred DC. Just another drastic difference between the two.

Continuing his search, he flipped the socket for the tv of, sighing. "What it explodes, then it's bye-bye faker."

Finishing his search, Shadow faced the other two. "Well, the house seems perfectly safe, I don't understand how Sonic finds himself spending half of his life at ER."

"It's only because of the waiting times." Sonic rolled his eyes, "And it's not that often. Perhaps once a month."
"That's still a lot." Tails commented quietly.

"Wait, what's that?" Shadow pointed at Sonic's chest. Right at where his heart would be. "Huh?" Sonic looked down.
How the heck did he spot that? "Oh, it's just an old scar. From when I was taken to the Arabian nights where I was then shot in the heart by an evil genie with a flaming arrow. I guess that it left a mark." Sonic said a matter-of-factly, as if it was an average day to day thing.

"Pretty sure your life-span at this point is 'any day now'" Tails decided, his brother staring hard at him.

"Well, that concludes my search. Good Day young Tails. As for you. I hope you choke on water tonight."

"Oh, so that's what it comes to?" Sonic pretend to be offended, "You do all of that to ensure my 'safety', and then you say that?"

Chuckling, Shadow left the house, the two bros following to see him off, and Sonic could have choked on air at the sight of Shadow's motorcycle.
"How. The heck. Did you get that thing up here?"

"I have my ways," Shadow mysteriously said, Sonic walking towards the stone stairs built into the side of the hill.
"Well, thanks for coming, I guess, but I promise you, it's perfectly safe here.. WOAH!!"
Of course, it was just Sonic's look that he'd slip and plummet down the stair, followed by such a large thump, that you could practically hear the ring sound effects you hear in the games, followed by a pained yell.

Both Shadow and Tails ran down to his aid, Tails reaching out a hand, Shadow smirking.

"Well, I hate to say it, but I told you so."