Real; or a faker?

Authors notes:

"Thank you mr Sonic for coming to my School today," Cream thanked the blue as they walked into the classroom

"Hi miss Heather! I've brought mr Sonic," she sweetly told the teacher.
"That's wonderful Cream! Now go sit down," the teacher turned to the class, "Ok kids, Sonic here is going to tell us all about being a hero!"
"Wait wait, what?" Sonic gulped, "No one told be about this!" But looking at the kids, he could tell that they was excited to meet him.
"Ok," he sighed.
Chaos, I hate public speaking!

***

"And that is why.. when you.. also finished.. this way you can defeat.. and that is why... hErOeS!" Sonic finished, laughing nervously.
"Well, wasn't that.. amazing.. kids?" Miss Heather clapped, all the kids doing the same, and Sonic smiled.
Well, at least they enjoyed it. Can't say I did though. But that doesn't matter.

That was when they had a problem.

"Ugh!" Sonic yelped as his left leg gave way, suddenly throbbing from pain.
What the heck? This never happens? It's ok, pretend that you just tripped, don't scare the kids.
But when he tried to get up, he couldn't. His entire leg had gone numb, the scar glowing in a weird pink and red.

No. Not here
"Oh my!" Miss Heather wasn't sure what was wrong, "Are you ok?"
"Ma'am, you need to turn the lights off and get the kids to the far end of the room, close all blinds and curtains. And don't make a sound," Sonic explained, Heather nodding gravely and obeying.
"What's going on mr Sonic?" Cream whispered as she helped him up, but he just shook his head.

Once everything has been done, Sonic started to contact Tails.
Get the G.U.N. to come to the school, Infinite's here

At that moment, the doors burst open, the entire class screaming at the noise.
Sonic saw a familiar figure stood there, wearing his familiar mask.
"Infinite!" He yelled, "Whet are you doing here? Don't you dare think about hurting these kids."
"Why would I bother?" He sneered, "taking the blood of the innocent never satisfied me anyways. I'm here for you,"
"Oh great," Sonic gave a sarcastic look, "What did I tell you guys? Everyone's out for me,"
"Sonic," Heather looked around the room, "there's no one here,"
But he continued to talk to what appeared to be nothing.
"Who's to say? I might take your full leg this time,"
"Stop,"
"Or maybe your quills again, along with your confidence,"
"Stop,"
"Or maybe, just maybe, I might hurt that little foxy friend of yours,"
"STOP!" Sonic finally snapped, Infinite smirking under his mask as he lunged at him.
"Sonic!" Heather grabbed him, "there's no one there!"

But Infinite got closer, Sonic closing his eyes as the jackal clawed his face.
He whimpered softly, falling into Heather's arms.

But opening his eyes up, the only new faces where G.U.N. Officers, and Tails stood there worried.
"Infinite! Where did he go?"
"Sonic? There was no one here,"
"No! There was, I swear. Infinite was just there, he was going to attack you Tails,"

"No, Sonic. Listen, there was someone, a ferret, but the G.U.N. caught her. But there was no sign of Infinite." Tails tried to explain
"But, he clawed me, and I feel back," Sonic explained

"Really? Let me take a look," but looking closer, there wasn't a sign of injury, "there's nothing there,"
"Then what about my scar? It was glowing Tails! Last time I checked, that's not normal,"
Tails looked across at Heather, who just shrugged.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"I think that you're just worked up," Tails tried to explain, but Sonic just turned away.
"I believe you mr Sonic," Cream admitted, coming closer as worried parents flooded the rooms.
"Cream! Oh there you are!" Vanilla was relieved "Oh, and Sonic as well! My goodness, he does look shook-up. Well, come back to mine,"

Tails growled a bit about Vanilla's attitude. Sonic was his family, not her's. But, he followed anyway.

***

"Thanks, Vanilla," Sonic gratefully took the drink that he was being offered.
Tails suddenly came into the room, "Ok, I've brought the G.U.N round to talk to Sonic about what happened, maybe get some answers.."
"Woah, do you really think that the kid's gonna talk yet?" Vector interrupted, "he still looks absolutely terrified,"
"Of course he is," Tails convinced, "I mean, look at him,"
"Look at him?"
"He's fine, look. Who knows my best buddy then me, huh?"

Both Vector and Vanilla sighed together and looked at each other. Boy, that kid's desperate for him to be better
And the G.U.N. flooded in, bombarding them all with questions.
"Sonic, what was that all about?"
"Did you really see Infinite?"
"If so, why didn't we see him as well?"
"Is it possible that you're going crazy,"
That last question hit Sonic, his mind going blank at everything around him became a blur

Crazy. They think I'm crazy, that I've lost my mind. I know what I saw.

Don't I?

"Ok, that's enough!" Vanilla yelled, pushing everyone out of the house, "No more questions!"
"But ma'am, we need to find out what's wrong with your son,"
Vanilla gasped, and Tails, who was nearby, dropped his Miles Electric in shock.
Son? They think that they're family? Does Vanilla want to take him away from me
"Oh, is he not?"
"No, I just look after him like he is one," Vanilla corrected. In a way, she did see him like one.

"Ok Sonic. I think that we're done here, let's go home now," Tails tried to pull Sonic from the seat.
"Woah, hold on Tails. I don't know what's gotten into you, but I wasn't going to leave straight away."

"Fine," Tails huffed, "But I'm not staying here. Looks like you'll have to choose between me, or these guys," and with that, he was gone.

"What was that all about?" Sonic asked, but no one had an answer, "Heh. I guess he was just busy," he yawned a bit.
"Are you tired?" Vanilla asked.
"Yeah, just a bit," Sonic admitted.
"I don't blame you after today. I bet that there's so much going through your head right now after another encounter with Infinite," Vector told him, Sonic sitting straight upright.

"You guys believe me?" He almost squeaked, and Vector nodded.
"I don't know what went on, it we all know that you would never lie," he affirmed what he had said.
"If your tired, you can go have a nap in the spare room," Vanilla offered, and the blue nodded.
"Yeah, thanks," he took the offer, walking up the stairs to the room.

But before he went in, he felt a tap on the shoulder, and turned to find Cream there. "Oh, hey Cream. Hope your not disappointed about today," he felt a bit bad for 'ruining' the day.
But Cream didn't respond to that, but what she did say, surprised Sonic.

"I saw him as well"

***