Sonic and the aro/ace rings

Sonic yawned in his sleep, stretching a little as a large shadow came over him

Looking up, he saw the shape of a lavender cat, staring right into his soul with amber eyes.

He seemed to be a little shocked, falling of the bed, reaching for the ruby shard. "Blaze? What are you doing here? It's like 8 am in the morning. Is something wrong?"

"You're going to take me to do my shopping," she simply stated.
"I am?"
"Yes," she grabbed his hand and started running off, "I've had enough of being recognised everywhere I go in my dimension, being princess and all, so I came here, but I want someone to come for company," she explained as she dragged him to the cable car, and the two started to make their descent.

***

Arriving at the large mall, Blaze seemed pretty impressed with how nice the place was.
"Well, thanks for coming. I tried to get my assistant to come, but he's still pretty mad at you for crashing into my flowers, 'Mr. Needlemouse'!" Blaze joked, and Sonic laughed,
"Yeah... whoops.." he chuckled, but Blaze didn't seem bothered.

"Honestly though, you are a magnet for danger," She laughed quietly, walking into the first shop.
"Yeah.. what is it that you're looking for exactly?" Sonic questioned, and Blaze looked at a garment that she liked the look of.
"Oh, just a gift for someone that I know. I need your advice on it," She admitted.

"Well, that depends. What's the person like?" Sonic wondered.
"Well," Blaze started, "They're pretty cool, funny, friendly, and they've been through so much this year. Besides, I missed their Birthday." She blushed.

"Hmm.." Sonic thought a bit, "I may have a few ideas..."

They continued to look for a few more hours, until Sonic started complaining that he was hungry.

"Sonic Wachowski, you cannot possibly be hungry already!" She asked, but he just shook his head.
"Hey look, I haven't eaten all day, I need the energy!" He convinced.

"You don't need anymore energy then what you already have," She told him jokingly. But, on the inside, his amount of energy made her happy.
Well, at least he's doing better now. That's good
She watched as he ran a few laps around the same clothes rack. The last time she saw him, he couldn't barely move.

"Come on then," she laughed, "let's go get some lunch,"
They walked outside to a bunch of eateries, "I shall make sure that we eat at the finest of restaurants," Blaze looked around, "That one looks satisfactory," she pointed across to a nice-looking coffee shop, named The Mean Bean.

"Oh no," Sonic realized as they both walked over.
"What is wrong?"
"Um.. it's kinda.. wellll... may or may not be ran by Eggman's boyfriend, who equally wants to destroy me,"
"Eggman's boyfriend? I'm happy for them both, I wish them a happy life," Blaze walked in, Sonic trying to stop her.
"Wait, don't!"

Stone had been brewing a few drinks when the purple Möbian walked in, Stone looking up.
"Hello, and welcome to the Mean Bean, what can I get you.." he gasped when he saw who had walked through his door.

"Oh.. wow.." He stuttered, "Your Majesty," he bowed, "it's an honor to serve you,"
Blaze seemed confused, but Sonic explained that Eggman had told him everything about his 'friends'

"Come on, I'll show you our best table," Stone lead them through the building.
"Ugh.. aren't you gonna destroy me?" Sonic questioned.

"No no no! That won't do! Blaze is a very special guest, we must treat her with the respect she deserves," he stopped for a bit, "and, you're her friend so we gotta respect you for today, I suppose."

"Oh thanks." Sonic deadpanned, "I feel so welcomed."

Stone ignored him, pulling a chair out for Blaze, watching as Sonic sat on the faulty chair, crashing to the ground, "Ouch,"
"Oh, that one's a detect," he stated a matter of factly.
"Yeah, I can tell," Sonic stated back, getting onto a different chair.

"Ahem," Stone opened a notebook, "what can I get you two?"
"Oh, I'ld like the.."

"Shut up! I'm not talking to you," Stone turned to Blaze, "What would you like, my dear?"

Blaze ordered her food, Stone then turning back to Sonic, who felt a little off-put.

***

"So," Blaze began, pouring her tea, "We didn't get to talk earlier on in the year. I must know what happened, tell me everything."

"Ah well... it's a long story. Got sick with the Power Drain, got my hand stuck down a crevice, got my scar re-opened, baby-sat a few times, had an eye test, turned back into a werewolf, a dragon brought me my crown back... oh! And I came out as Aro and Ace to everyone," Sonic summed up.
"That is a good thing indeed," Blaze nodded, looking at his hands, "But you don't appear to have the rings?"

"Huh? Oh! The black and white ones! Um.. no. I want them though." Sonic laughed a bit, "You know how much I like my rings,"
"Hm." Blaze seemed to think a bit, biting into her sandwich, "This food is delicious! My complements to the chef,"
Stone nodded, before glaring back at Sonic.

"Um Blaze? Let's get out of here now," Sonic suggested, and the cat nodded.

"Oh, Sonic! Before we go, let me just run into this store!" She rushed in, Sonic finding a bench, falling asleep in seconds.

***

"Ah! There you are. That took longer then expected." Blaze woke him up, and he was surprised to find that a whole hour had passed.

"You're lucky that you didn't get kidnapped," Blaze said matter of factly.
"Yeah, um.." he watched Blaze pull out a nicely wrapped box big enough for a ring or two.

"Blaze? What is this? This better not be a proposal, you know I can't," he eyed her, and she shook her head.

"I assure you, it is the furthest from that," she handed the box over, and he eyed it suspiciously.
"I dunno, seems sus,"

"Just open it," Blaze insisted, and he started to undo the ribbon, and he could tell that despite having a straight face, Blaze was really excited.

"Oh Blaze.." Sonic gasped, looking at the two rings, one black, one white, "You didn't have too.."
"Of course I did. I missed your Birthday." She repeated, Sonic realizing that this whole time she'd been looking for him.

"I hope that I got the right size," she watched as he slid them on, a perfect fit, "Hm. It looks like my calculations was correct. Well, thank you for coming with me, I hope that we can.. oh what's the word.."

"Hang out?" Sonic raised an eyebrow

"Yes, 'hang out' again some time." Blaze informed.
"Yeah, that would be cool," Sonic grinned, Blaze throwing a portal, Sonic looking shocked.

"What? These are a way of travel," She stepped through it, "See you later, Sonic the Hedgehog,"
"You too, Blaze the Cat,"

The portal closed, leaving Sonic stood there.
"Well.. um.. I guess I'd better go now.."

"You!" Stone suddenly yelled, runaround out his door. He'd waited for Princess Blaze to go, and now was his chance.

"Oh boy,"