Chapter Eighteen

James

"Can we discuss the facts now?" Jace asked drumming his fingers on the wooden surface of the table. "I am bored here." He yawned.

"Shut up now, will you?" I snapped and looked back at Drake. "Yeah, so what were you saying?"

"It was just before your arrival," Drake paused looking at Jace, "I got a vision of something bad. It's like something really vicious is going to take place."

"Vision?" Jace raised an eyebrow, "Interesting."

"Since when did you start getting visions?" I frowned ignoring Jace's interruptions. It was never heard that werewolves were able to have visions of what was ahead to come after what happened to Romero, son of Ophelia, the Moon Goddess. Even though it was impossible, lately, Drake has been breaking all the rules set by the Moon Goddess herself.

"A couple of days," he sighed, "I'm just tensed about our pack."

This was not new and partly I was aware of Drake's uneasiness about the entire thing. I clearly remember him coming up to my office late at night, tired, trying to figure out the unclear messages written in the book of myths.

"Nothing is going to happen to our pack, come on, don't get pessimistic views of the future. It's worthless wasting time trying to think of the factors that could possibly go wrong, instead, we should try to figure out what is actually going on." I explained. I still couldn't understand what was actually going on with Drake. But I knew it for sure, he was trying to hide something.

"Wow, what a great speech," Jace clapped, "I'm impressed."

"Will you stop it?" I snapped once again. His presence was making it impossible for me to keep a calm composure when I knew he was behind my back, ready with a dagger, to attack.

"Stop being grumpy." He huffed, "I wonder how you managed to control this pack for three years."

"What did you say?" I glared at him.

"Oh!" His face lightened up, "Now I get it." He pointed a finger at me, "You haven't been able to take care of this pack as an Alpha and," he paused, looking up at the ceiling, "That's why I was called." He flashed a toothy grin.

What the fuck is wrong with him? - I mind-linked Drake.

Dude! Stop reacting, he's doing it on purpose. - He replied, I turned my head to face Drake, his expression was rather expected, for he was glaring at me.

"Stop it." He mouthed silently.

"Jace, grow up." I rolled my eyes.

"I am a full-grown man, twenty-six, exactly five years older than you." Jace smiled.

It doesn't seem so. - Drake snorted.

If only Jace could hear what Drake just said behind his back, well in front of him actually.

My gaze shifted towards the girl who was seated right next to him. She held a blank unwelcoming expression which to me was unacceptable. Her looks were rather different, she had purple coloured eyes. It was rare to come across any werewolf to be blessed with purple coloured eyes especially while in the human form.

We werewolves in the human form looked like any other ordinary human. Only those with the ability to detect spiritual energy could differentiate between an ordinary human and a werewolf, for we were the ones with a stronger aura. Even though shapeshifters were said to be adaptable to any sort of demonic aura, I could care less because their species were considered to be extinct. They haven't been seen for at least three hundred years now.