Chapter Thirty-Three

Alina

It has been a month since Luke's return. Nothing changed other than his behaviour which shifted from sarcastically crazy to boring and numb. I wondered whether it was only me who noticed the subtle changes that occurred within him, or maybe others did too. He seemed distant ever since that incident of being attacked by a rogue took place. At first, we thought it was due to drainage of strength, however, as the time went by, not a single bit of change was there to note. He was awfully silent most of the time, excluding some moments where something crucial had to be discussed.

Even though a month passed by, we still couldn't discover the main reason behind all the mishaps happening around the pack. The disappearance of members and the death of a fighter still remained unsolved. The mystery was there just like it was before, standing tall and content in front of us, well aware of our defeat.

"So did you do all the paper works I've asked you to?" Luke asked walking inside the office.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Yes, here you go," I said pulling some papers out of the drawer and placed it on the table. "All the current stats are noted clearly."

"Thanks." He said taking a seat right across me and pulled the paper towards him. He looked better than before, his wounds had almost disappeared, however, the burnt patches of skin on his arms still remained there unaffected by all the herbal treatments given my doctor Ron.

"Tell me something, what happened which caused you to pull the pack's current stats out?" I asked, curiously.

"I didn't know it was mandatory for me to answer all your questions? I thought I was the Alpha here?" He raised an eyebrow. "I am quite amazed Alina, I thought you were capable enough to handle the pack during my absence, but..I'm disappointed," he commented, as his eyes scanned the paper in front of him, "Tell me, how did ten of our pack members vanish off out of the blue like that!?"

"I don't know." I sighed, "I looked into the matter but nothing came up. We increased our security though. I'm running the patrol routes myself so there are no chances of rogues attacking our pack."

"You better be. I don't want any more lives at stake." He ordered.

"Yes, Alpha." I nodded, "I'll make sure of it."

"Good." He smiled and rolled the paper with his hands in front of him.

"Are you applying the herbs given by Ron?" I asked looking at his arm. "The burnt patches of skin didn't heal at all." I frowned.

"I know right, I've been using all sorts of medicinal herbs but nothing seems to work. The cuts and bruises healed completely within a week but the burnt skin still remained the same." Luke explained looking at his arm. "Damn that rogue."

"Yes."

"I was considering something." Luke whispered, his voice calm and slow, "What do you think about a joint venture?"

"Joint venture?" I frowned, "You mean merging with another pack?"

"Yes. What do you think about it?"

"Um, I guess, it's not bad but why are you pondering such factors?" I confounded, puzzled by his sudden change of consideration.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now and I think it increases security as well as financial stability. Two packs merging together can turn out to be really beneficial for both the mergers." He stated with a pause, "I think it is considerable due to all the chaos caused by those abandoned wolves out there."

I nodded in agreement.

"But for now, I'll let the idea slide."

"-Hey you two!" The door snapped open as Neil retrieved himself inside the office. His face was vibrant as he made his way towards us, an aura of achievement covering him. "Guess what!"

"What?" Luke and I asked in unison.

"I was informed by the guards that the female rogue finally opened her mouth." He said looking at us. "We need to rush down to the cells and see what she's been up to. We might find what they are really after."

___

It has been a while since I've been here down the cells. It was dark as usual, not a single bit of light could enter inside through the heavy walls let alone anyone escaping through them.

"Come, follow me." Neil appeared with a candle.

We followed behind and soon came across a cell where a female was bounded by silver chains. The cell had built-in light allowing us to see what was inside. The lights glowed brightly showing the marks of canes she had on her skin as she stood there, proudly, hands tied behind her back looking at us.

"What do you want now?" She spat as soon as Neil appeared in front of her, "Wasn't it all enough? You've kept me as a captive for more than a month and now finally I get the opportunity to see you and your highness? I'm blessed." She laughed. "How lucky I am."

Both luke and I stood there in silence, she had the guts to talk shit in front of an Alpha while standing in his territory. It was unacceptable.

"We are not here to listen to your mockery." Neil snapped, "Stop using that smart mouth of yours and spill. Spill the truth. What are you guys really after? Why are you  killing innocent pack members and going bonkers all of a sudden?"

"We are the ones to be blamed, as always." She laughed again, "First change your fucking perspectives about everything. You Alphas killed our innocent members just because we don't belong to any packs. You consider us as ruthless creatures who kills, and I agree fully with it. However, don't you think you Alphas and pack members belong to the same ruthless category as well? We are all werewolves at the end of the day. We all are the same."

"Are you done?" I asked. "Don't you dare compare us with your filthy companions. We are not the same."

"How understandable." She chuckled, "Yes we are not the same. At least we think logically not while being blinded by fake passion and power."

"Think before you speak. Or else you'll be punished." Luke growled.

"How more punished can I get? You killed my other half, my mate, what else can you do to punish me?" She grimed, glaring at us with red eyes, "You people are bringing your own  misfortune."

"No. We are going to bring misfortune to you and your acquaintances. You're nothing but a filthy rogue looking for power, but at the end of the day, you all are worthless. That's why the Moon Goddess categorized you out of the werewolf tribe." Luke growled, "We have increased our security. Your plans, unfortunately, won't come to handy."

She shook her head, "You really think we are stupid enough to attack as you claim?"

"Kill the rogue," I ordered the guard who was in charge of her cell.

Painful screams echoed loudly as her throat was slit open with a silver knife. Blood spilled on the grounds in front of us as her head was snithed from her body and landed in front of our feet.

"Let's get out of here before our shoes get dirty," Luke announced.

Author's Note:

I don't even know how to react. I wasn't expecting Alina to give such a command but the rogue was their enemy. 😐

So it's understandable...I guess?

Anyway,

Don't forget to leave a vote behind if you like this chapter. 😘