Chapter Five

James

Are you there? — I asked trying to get my wolf to respond. I felt numb and my head felt heavy. My wolf blocked me out totally and avoided responding to any of my questions. I sighed much to my disappointment of being ignored by my own wolf.

I couldn't blame him, but he was acting irrationally. It didn't make any sense. She rejected me and my wolf should have gotten over it by now, but no, he was acting as if he went through some sort of breakup.

I'd be lying if I said being rejected didn't affect me at all. I knew I didn't have any sort of emotional attachment with Alina, but this rejection was having both a mental and physical effect on me. I was not liking this at all.

The pain in my heart didn't subside and it felt like I was shrinking and allowing myself to be lost somewhere in the dark. My body felt numb and heavy. It was unusual and unhealthy for a werewolf to go through these type of side effects especially when the inner wolf could not be sensed at all.

Honestly, deep inside I was scared. I didn't like the thought of my wolf disappearing. This had happened before in the history of werewolves, the book of myths contained information about rejection and that in some cases the couple going through rejection either dies or loses their wolves. In both cases, there was a loss. Losing one's wolf would eventually lead to death and if not, then it would totally convert that werewolf into a human. Everything written in that book came true. Either it would come true now or centuries from now, and I just didn't want it to happen to me.

"Get out already, we are late!" Drake barked impatiently, snapping me out of my trance of negative thoughts.

I sighed as I complied and stepped outside looking at the main building in front of me.

I couldn't help but sniff the air in hopes of inhaling the similar scent I had experienced yesterday. Much to my disappointment, that beautiful fragrance was nowhere to be sensed. I let out a groan of frustration as soon as I realised I was beating myself up about something that was not even my fault.

"Are you coming or not?" Drake asked narrowing his eyes at me.

"Yeah," I said faintly and followed behind.

Drake had been avoiding any sort of long conversation with me lately. I felt guilty for snapping at him when it was not even his fault. He was just trying to help. I knew I had to sort it out with him.

"Uhm-Drake?" I called from behind. He turned around facing me raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry." I faintly mumbled under my breath.

"We will talk about this later." He said and walked straight inside the classroom, leaving me standing there looking at the empty corridor.

I sighed as I walked inside the classroom, my eyes searching for the same familiar figure that my wolf was longing to see.

I really needed to clear my head. I couldn't go on like that. I needed to take it easy, I couldn't afford to be on the verge of snapping every now and then.

Alina

"Alina! Alina, wake up!" Someone whispered shaking my arm.

I groaned as I shifted trying to block the person off.

"Wake up!" The deep voice shouted making me open one of my eyes. Andrew stood in front of my bed grinning.

"What is it?" I groaned.

"Guess what!" He said, his eyes shining with excitement.

"What?"

"I found my mate!" He announced with a huge smile plastered on his face.

Mate? That word stung deep.

I couldn't stop the sudden drain of emotions at the mention of that word. My insides clenched as my wolf howled in pain.

I faked him a smile. "That's great, brother."

"Why are your eyes red though?" He frowned looking at me.

"Didn't get enough sleep." I lied.

"Is everything okay?" He asked sounding worried.

"Yeah. So who's your mate?" I asked changing the subject.

"Stacy." He replied, his eyes glistening with happiness.

"S-Stacy?" I chocked at the mention of her name.

"Yes." He smiled.

What the hell?

Stacy out of all the people?

She wasn't the type to blend in and always considered herself as the superior. She always had this massive grudge against me from the beginning and I still didn't know the reason behind it. It was like 'hey, I hate you and I am not going to tell you why'.

"Oh," I mumbled back.

"What's wrong?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"I'm so happy sis. I can't believe I found my mate." He continued, "You'll soon find your mate as well."

"Yeah." I agreed along, faking a smile again while my wolf was growling at the back of my head.

"See you later, sis." He waved and walked out of my room, leaving me sitting on the bed replaying the rejection over and over again.

I rolled out of the bed and made my way towards the bathroom. I sighed as I turned the tap on while looking at myself on the mirror. I frowned at my own looks. My eyes were puffy red along with my nose. My skin looked dry and pale.

I couldn't recognise my own reflection in the mirror. I looked and felt vulnerable. I felt like a fragile glass which took multiple blows and now was at the verge of breaking any moment.

I splashed water on my face, trying to get rid of the redness which was nothing but a clear scar stinging every time I thought about James. I hurriedly brushed my teeth and dabbed my face with the towel heading out of the bathroom to see Stacy wearing a bright red dress while sitting on my bed with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh, Alina!" She smiled.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her sudden nice behaviour.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"You should speak to me with respect. I'm your Luna." She spat.

I shrugged in response, not paying attention to her usual bitchy self.

She's a bitch.

"Oh, and Alina? I'll banish you soon enough."