Chapter Fifteen

Three Years Later

James

It has been three years now. Three years since I had taken the position as the Alpha of the Dark Moon pack. Everything was different now. My pack, the members and everything else changed for better, except for one thing, me. I couldn't change myself even though I wanted to.

Soon after my dad passed down his Alpha position to me, I have officially marked Hailey. After Alina's disappearance, I had to mark Hailey as my mate, for the sake of my position. I never had doubts about marking Hailey before, everything was normal. But ever since Alina came into the picture, and I got rejected by her, everything changed. Everyone else believed Hailey to be my real mate except for Drake who knew the entire truth. I did search for Alina but I couldn't find her and I didn't have enough courage to admit that she left.

When it came to me being mated to Hailey, I never bothered about it that much. The fact that I was not her real mate never concerned her either and it was something I was aware of. We were both in love but some small part of me felt the pang of guilt. I felt I did wrong to both Hailey and Alina and probably myself as well

"What are you thinking so deeply about?" The voice of Drake lingered in the air reaching my ears. I looked around but he was nowhere to be seen. My gaze shifted towards the door which stood ajar.

"Can't you even sense me standing right next to you?" Drake whispered into my ear. Thrills ran down my spine at the coldness of his voice. I hurriedly shifted my position facing him.

"When did you get in?" I catechized ignoring the question he asked.

"Sometime in between," he paused, "While you were lost in your own little world?" He said though it sounded more like a question.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Your sensing power, I admit, is draining very quickly." He stated, tilting his head to the left as his gaze pierced through me.

"There is nothing like that." I huffed in defence.

"I thought the potion I made for you was showing its trick by actually healing you, you know?"

"What are you?" I asked, trying my best to keep a calm expression.

His lips twitched to form a smirk, "I am your Beta."

"You know what I mean! For a matter of fact, you are acting very weird these days." I criminated.

"Now am I?" He sighed, "It's just I want you to recover soon."

"Nothing happened to me." I assured, "My wolf started responding again, thanks to the potion you made."

"You're welcome." A genuine smile appeared on his face.

"How did you make the potion anyway?"

"Honestly, I don't know myself," he continued, "I mixed some herbs and yeah the drink was on its way to rescue you."

"You're not an ordinary werewolf, now are you?

He rolled his eyes, "Of course not," he glared at me, "I am a vampire, don't you know?"

"Your sarcasm is not required here."

"Seriously James? Why the hell are you asking me these weird questions which you yourself know, makes no sense." He furrowed his eyebrows and pulled out a chair taking a seat in front on me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Oh yes, I have something important to tell you, Alpha." He said, his eyes turning its colour to a darker shade.