Chapter Twenty-Seven

Alina

Unfortunately yes.

The possibility of someone from our pack being involved in the murder of our own pack fighter seemed unreal. It was highly impossible for anyone to gain up enough courage to summon an act which had the capability to ruin one's life if they got caught. The Alpha's decision in cases like these would be capital punishment where the one found guilty would face a gruesome death. However, this pack or any pack, in general, were always constructed from the roots. Those with tainted souls filled with jealousy and evil thoughts were always banished but then again, no one knew what someone had inside of them unless and until the true colour flashed by.

The information about the poison and the construction of the bullet amazed me. Such brilliant knowledge being wasted and spilled down the drains by corrupted minds.

"We can not accuse anyone without proper investigation," I stated. Both Ron and Neil nodded their heads in agreement. I wouldn't be surprised if some outsider was involved while we were scanning our own pack in search of the one who was at fault.

"I'm not saying you should now go and punish them. What I am saying is that- there is a possibility of a pack member being involved. Even if one per cent, there is a possibility that someone is involved." Ron said looking at me, "I know it might sound disturbing but it's better to be safe and think beforehand."

I shook my head, "No I understand what you're trying to say, it's just -what if no one from the pack is involved? It would cause quite a chaos if we go around blaming them without any proper investigation."

"Then that would be a relief." He smiled. His dark eyes held an expression which to me for a second seemed like pity.

"I still can not believe Luke is not here." Neil complained fumingly, "I don't get it, where did that stupid guy even run off to?"

"Don't worry he'll be back, soon," I mumbled, convincingly. Even though I was convincing my own self more than him.

"When? When will he come back?" Neil shook his head and laughed dryly, "After every one of us is dead?"

My eyes widened at his sudden outburst. I would be lying if I denied his statement. It was, much to my dislike, very true. Luke's sudden take-off could result in destruction for all of us, especially in a moment where the chances of our pack getting attacked seemed to be valid.

"I-Uh," I struggled to form a coherent sentence.

"-Oh come on! Don't defend him for fucks sake. No, for an Alpha it's highly unacceptable to run off like that especially when his pack is at risk!" He growled, "Do you even understand the weight of the current situation?"

"I do-" I mumbled, "-it's just that I don't even know what to say." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Then don't defend him at least. We don't even know whether he's dead or alive." He vociferously slammed his palm against one of the wooden surfaces of a table nearby.

"I hate to interrupt you both-" Ron cleared his throat, "-At least don't cause any destruction to the healing room due to your own personal dispute!" He raised his voice causing both Neil and I to flinch.

"Sorry." We mumbled, our heads down in shame.

"That's good." He smiled, giving a look of content. "Anyway, what I was saying-"

"Yeah, you said there were three things?" Neil butted in, "But you only unveiled two of them."

"Beta Neil," Ron smiled, his lips stretched to a form a forced smile, "You should learn the key fact: patience."

Neil's interruptions were getting on my nerves. It was not helping in any way instead it was just stretching the time of the suspense we had within.

"Please ignore him and carry on." I made gestures pointing at Neil.

"Alright. I swear, if this time any of you interrupt me, I won't tell you anything." He threatened.

"Fine, go ahead," Neil muttered.

"Stop making such constipated faces." Ron rolled his eyes. A chuckle escaped my lips gaining me a deadly glare from Neil. I coughed in hopes of covering the smile I had on my face.

Indeed, he did have a constipated look on his face. I thought.

I can hear you, you know? -He mind-linked. At least keep your links off while thinking bad things about anyone.

"Stop commenting about my face and carry on with what you were saying." He growled loudly.

Ron shook his head, "Unacceptable. Anyway, back to the topic, do you guys know about the Graveyard of Doom?" He asked, running his hand over his chin.

Graveyard of Doom. Who in the world would be unaware of such a historical fact which bound us, werewolves, as a whole? Indeed, the Book of Myths said it all, from how we were born to what we had written in our future, destiny. What was required was our own capability to interpret such messages.

Graveyard of Doom was regarded as the burial area where Romero's dead body was buried along with all those people who participated in the war. His allies and enemies, though the number of enemies greater than those of allies, laid within the same grounds. However, the placement of the shrine of the witch was ironic.

A shrine was built in the memory of the witch whose curse turned a human village into werewolves. She was the one who brought us all here to the position where we were currently stood. Her bones were still intact even till now but no one was allowed to go and see them. The shrine was purified with some holy chits placed by powerful monks of that time. And no one, not a single soul had enough power to break the spell in order to make their way down the Graveyard of Doom.

"Yes, we do." Neil and I said in unison. "Who wouldn't?"

"Yes. True." Ron nodded.

"-But how is the Graveyard of Doom linked with the murder of one of our pack fighter? The place is banned for everyone, as much as I know, it's purified, or something." Neil blabbered nonstop, though what he said was something I fully agreed to.

"In this entire conversation, this is the first correct question you've asked and I agree with what you have just said. Of course, that place is abandoned and purified, or else in the time span of hundreds of centuries, not to be counted exact, someone would have crossed the path if it was possible." Ron stated, "Take a look here."

He placed a glass platter, similar to that of the bullet, but this time it contained something black, a powder sort material.

"What's that?" I asked.

"The soil from the graveyard."