Chapter Twenty-Eight

Alina

"The soil of the graveyard," Ron replied, solemnly.

"But it's black," I mumbled, my gaze fixed at the platter he held in front of me.

Graveyard of doom's soil was something which shouldn't be contaminated. It was supposed to be purified a long time ago, exactly right after the war when some hunters tried to take away the ashes of the witch along with Romero's for some unknown atrocious purpose. It was then when some monks made their appearance in order to protect the place and the remainings from the wrath of the evil.

Monks. Humans with untarnished powers, enough to fend for themselves and to keep pernicious creatures away from any place they visit. Even though supernatural creatures were supposed to be aggressively powerful in comparison to human monks, the mystery still remained unsolved, of how they ended up shooing the hunters away. None of us knew how they were able to or what steps they took in order to protect the remainings, however, what we knew were the sealed areas even still now where no one could break into.

"I know. The graveyard is filled with black soil, it's the symbol of evilness-"

"-But shouldn't it be purified? Since monks sealed the entire area not allowing any access." Neil stated. He furrowed his eyebrows as confusion clearly roamed around his face.

James. For a second the look Neil had on his face reminded me of James. His eyebrows knitted into a frown making him look similar even though I never got the chance to converse with him. He was egoistic and the piercings he had was a proof of it, especially the nose one.

Like seriously? Who in the world would pierce their nose especially a male wolf!? I never understood the formation of fashion humans tend to act upon even though it was far from it.

How ironic!

For an Alpha to have a nose piercing was quite extraordinary- not in a good way.

"Even I don't know, it's some historical fact not clearly stated in any book," Ron said, breaking my trance of dismay.

"Do you know why it's called the graveyard of doom?" Neil asked.

I didn't feel like a part of that conversation. The sudden snippets from the memory of the past, the life I had before it all shattered right in front of me kept making its appearance. Even though life got easier in the past two years, excluding all the enemies I've killed and the drops of blood I've shed, for a moment of time span I thought I would be able to forget those days completely.

I didn't know why but I felt restless. My mind kept racing back and forth from the present to the past and concentration on the current topic was not there.

But the main question was: why the hell were the memories of the past trying to haunt me down- after two years?

"The place is known to be the beginning as well as the end of us. Even though I'm not quite sure about the end, but a lot of blood was shed over there. Many died and none revived, you see." Ron explained, taking off his specs and rubbed the glass with his handkerchief.

"Right. I wonder how human monks were able to seal the place since humans were supposed to be weaklings." Neil commented rolling his eyes, "However, we werewolves are meant to be powerful enough to overcome such paper seals cast by the humans, right?"

Ron laughed and shook his head, "Not really. We don't know who is strong and who is a weakling. However, don't boast yourself up since there many creatures out there including witches, hunters, shapeshifters and last but not the least, demons."

"You really had to remind me of all those now, didn't you?" Neil narrowed his eyes and glared at him.

A small smile crept up my lips as I stood there enjoying those little conflicts between them. No matter what others say, the way they fetch defence for themselves in those little humorous conflicts were quite entertaining. A good way of lightening up the atmosphere.

"That I did." Ron grinned.

"I wonder how you know so much about the myths. Like- you know more than anyone out here in the packhouse." I pointed out of curiosity.

"Yes," Neil agreed, "Even though you're not a werewolf."

Meanwhile
James' point of view.

"So what is it?" I asked as I opened the door and walked inside the office.

"Took you long enough." Drake glared, "I called you like- two hours ago!"

"I was a bit busy." I rolled my eyes, "What a timing you had!"

"It's not my fault!" He groaned, "Like damn! I wasn't expecting to witness something like that. I think my virgin eyes just died." He whined covering his eyes with his palms.

"Virgin eyes?" I gasped. "If your eyes are virgin then what would a pair of real virgin eyes be called? Super virgins?"

He snorted, "Oh come on, it was unexpected for me to walk in on you two like that. The intimate moment you see. However, thanks to god I didn't walk in a few minutes later because honestly, that would have been life-threatening for me to view, you two at it."

"Everything is life-threatening for you." I laughed, "Anyway, dad might summon the sorcerer in a day or two, for some advice." I informed, as the memory of him having a problem with the sorcerer's aura struck my memory.

"Thanks for the heads up." He mumbled, cursing under his breath. Such hatred he had for the sorcerer.

"-Oh, that reminded me, the main reason why I disturbed your intimate moment was to inform you that Jace suggested a couple of changes in the patrol routes. According to him, the current routes are not safe and needs are clearly measured before taking any step." Drake explained.

"And that's why you called me? You are well aware that I'm not going to accept any of his suggestions. I'm the one who makes the rules, as long as I'm the Alpha over here." I growled.

"Yes, it's very much under your power. I won't argue about it because you're the Alpha here and if something bad happens to the pack, you'll be the one to blame. Since you don't listen to any of us." He deadpanned.

"What are you actually trying to say? That I don't know what's good for my pack?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe you don't." He mumbled, looking down at the tiled floor.

"How dare you!?" I scowled.

"You know, you really don't have any idea what's going on around here." He laughed.

"Then enlighten me." I crossed my arms and stood there waiting for his next response.

"You see, another pack got burnt last night and no one survived."

"Are you serious!?" I frowned.

"I don't see a reason for joking around right now." He glared.

"Fine. What are his suggestions?" I asked.

A smile crept up his lips as he nodded his head. "That's more like it. Here." He said handing a map out to me. 

A/N : if you like this chapter then don't forget to leave a vote behind.xx