Chapter Two

James

We will surely find our Mate today. — My wolf purred happily.

Do you think so? — I asked.

Yes. I can feel it.

Don't feel things you will regret later. —I warned.

Regret? Why would I regret finding my mate? He growled.

We are not going to find her so soon.

I sometimes wonder how I ended up with a companion like you. He muttered.

What do you mean? — I frowned at his statement.

You're too thick.

What!?

Never mind. — He said and faded away.

I decided to shrug it off and headed inside the classroom along with Drake.

"Do you smell her yet?" Drake asked walking up right next to me.

"No," I said as I walked inside the classroom. I saw Hailey sitting there batting her eyes towards the book she had in front of her.

"Is she your mate?" Drake asked. The hopeful tone in his voice didn't go unnoticed by me.

"No." I sighed, sniffing the air once again.

"But you love her." He sighed and headed towards his seat.

I walked up to my seat when suddenly a bunch of girls appeared in front of me.

"Happy Birthday, James." They squealed in unison, gaining attention from everyone especially Hailey.

"I can't wait to see you lead the pack." One of them said, running her hands up my arm.

"Stay away from him," Hailey growled, making all of them flinch. I couldn't help but smirk at her possessiveness. They hurriedly rushed away from me taking their respective seats to avoid Hailey's fierce glare.

"Hey." Hailey smiled.

"Hi," I responded and moved aside giving her enough space to come and sit next to me.

Instead of taking the seat she came up and sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck. She was straddling me in the middle of the class. It was when suddenly the teacher walked in. Hailey slipped off of my lap and sat next to me.

I sat still looking at the board when suddenly Hailey started kissing my neck.

"Happy Birthday, love." She mumbled into my ear. "I missed you."

"I love you." I smiled at her.

What are you doing? She is not our mate. — My wolf growled.

You can't say you're not attached to her. I snapped. 

My wolf was bothering me a lot today.

I know, but she isn't our mate. We should go and search for our mate.

You know I love her. — I replied.

And your feelings affect me too. — He said and faded away once again.

"Sir, may I come in?" Some squeaky voice interrupted the class. Everyone turned their head towards the door to see a girl standing there.

Mate! — My wolf announced suddenly without any warning. I coughed at the sudden outburst and sat there inhaling heavily as a bunch of emotions rushed through me. I felt like as if I was out of breath.